US Politics

Rich

41 minutes ago, do or die said:

Switching "house for hole" .....allowed some Republicans, to sorta justify "the "never heard that statement" line.    Such wriggling and weaseling from these Senators and Reps.   The moral deficit, in this administration..... is not just limited to Trump. 

More concerning than this current administration is the voting populace in the States who  support them to this day. 

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

More concerning than this current administration is the voting populace in the States who  support them to this day. 

Of course they support them.  What is their other option?  Support Christian-hating Democrats?  How could anyone ever vote for someone who despises them?  If you aren't from the Northeast or California, you might as well be dirt on the bottom of a boot in the eyes of Democrats.

And remember... it doesn't matter if that's true or not.  It is the overwhelming perception.  And until that changes... there will never be support from the South and rural America.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Of course they support them.  What is their other option?  Support Christian-hating Democrats?  How could anyone ever vote for someone who despises them?  If you aren't from the Northeast or California, you might as well be dirt on the bottom of a boot in the eyes of Democrats.

And remember... it doesn't matter if that's true or not.  It is the overwhelming perception.  And until that changes... there will never be support from the South and rural America.

I was coming from a human issue not a political one with what concerns me.

Options as a human being: not support racists and support people with genuine faiths that try to spread goodness in an evil world.

Yes that impacts my political options for sure. 

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I was coming from a human issue not a political one with what concerns me.

Options as a human being: not support racists and support people with genuine faiths that try to spread goodness in an evil world.

Yes that impacts my political options for sure. 

The left is riddled with racism and evil.  Just not from your point of view.  Perspective is everything.

For example, if I believe abortion to be evil, that would likely override everything else and I have no choice of which way to vote.

Not a fan of fuhrer worship in general..... whatever side of the political spectrum it comes from.    When people blindly follow a "line", politically, religiously or morally....... and simply suspend any facility for critical thinking ....exploitation of some sort, soon follows.     

Edited by do or die

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The left is riddled with racism and evil.  Just not from your point of view.  Perspective is everything.

For example, if I believe abortion to be evil, that would likely override everything else and I have no choice of which way to vote.

Again, I'm talking as a human being not as a 'support a left, right or middle perspective'.

There is racism and evil everywhere.

We are all good and bad with our actions, some more than others. The goal is to do more good than bad.

This would be a better discussion face to face over a beer (or in my case I like dry white wine).

If you're ever in Sherwood Park, I'll buy you a drink (and you can buy me one) and we can chat about this and end our discussion on our never-ending love for our Bombers and Jets.

12 minutes ago, do or die said:

Not a fan of fuhrer worship in general..... whatever side of the political spectrum it comes from.    When people blindly follow a "line", politically, religiously or morally....... and simply suspend any facility for critical thinking ....exploitation of some sort, soon follows.     

I agree.  I know people that absolutely know better but they are conservative and therefore support Trump.  I actually asked one of my friends why he seemed to support Trump and he asked why I would ever think that...ummmm, because he keeps liking and re-tweeting pro-trump messages lol.  He took the tact that he does not support Trump, he just doesnt like the lefty outrage.  yeah right.

Im a Conservative.  But to say Im a Conservative so no matter what, that is my party?  Not a chance.  And I think that is where some of the disappointment in the GOP comes from...they make excuses for Trump, lie for Trump, stay silent about Trump.  Just because you're a Republican doesnt mean you have to blindly support him.  And of course, it goes both ways.

13 minutes ago, do or die said:

Bannon is in an awkward position ...... testifying before Congress, without knowing what Flynn or anyone else, has already told Mueller about Bannon.   He really has to think about protecting his butt, first - whether that implicates some other folks or not.

He's definitely in a tight spot.  He's basically serving up answers for Mueller to examine beforehand. 

I strongly suspect this is a way to force Bannon to cut a deal.  In  a way, its good for Bannon too.  if he went in voluntarily to talk, he'd look like a pariah to the Alt Right.  But under subpoena to a Grand Jury?  He has no choice whatsoever.

Bannon likely can sink Kushner (and maybe Ivanka).  Mueller is working his way up the chain.  Bannon gets him Kushner.  Kushner gets him Trump.  The question becomes, when will Trump panic and try to fire Mueller?  You know Trump wont allow himself to be forced to testify under oath.  He'd have no choice but to take the 5th and that would end his presidency...or so you'd think.  There is very likely a portion of his base that would vote for him again if he actually admitted to plotting to steal the election with Russia.

Took Brietbart a number of hours to post a story about Bannon's indictment.   But the comments are up to the usual mark.   These are not made up - some highlights:

I hope they do impeach Trump. Then the civil war can start and we know exactly who is going to win that. Not the liberals and their fat feminazis, soyboys, nu-males, and jewish college professors.

Where do you think all of this "multiculturalism" and "diversity" nonsense is coming from?   They literally wrote the playbook, in black and white, for creating borderless white nations and then importing the third world to create what they called "a european negroid race" ruled over by them. Again, they wrote this down.  Historical fact."

Four indictments of nothing burger violations concerning T man.  Mueller had better worry about what FBI loyalists are saying about his collusion with obama and hillary.  It is coming out and the democrats can't stop it.Bobby be desperate for something. Anything.

The big question. How low and dirty can Mueller go? I'm betting he'll stoop to anything to justify the millions his spending on his law-friend buddies.  This Mueller guy needs to be subpoenaed for his role in covering up the Uranium One scandal.

it's a race to put the Obamas and Clintons in jail where all treasonous pigs belong. Back in the day they would be at the gallows where all treasonous pigs belong.

There is no evidence of collusion, because there is obviously nothing to find. After the probe is over we will all just find out that Trump is squeaky clean and probably the cleanest POTUS ever. All thanks to unhinged and angry Leftists, who can't accept that they lost the election or that America has rejected your regressive agenda and ideology. lmao

Clinton threatened an intern, only the blue dress saved her, clinton WAS an attorney that lied to save himself under oath. clinton SEXUALLY MISCONDUCTED IN THE OVAL OFFICE WITH AN INTERN, he did not have an affair except in poor deluded monicas mind.

So we have a special council because of a false dossier, and leaking lies by Comey, now we have an immediate supena to Bannon because of the totally unverified Wolffe book.  I thought soap operas were fantasy, goodness me this is just ludicrous.....keystone cop stuff......MAGA

Just a taste.....so one could imagine what I was up against there, during my very brief tenure.....