US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Rachel Maddow outlines the visit last week by the head of three spy agencies to US soil...

Thanks, very well explained by Rachel.

Amazing stuff.

Trump's demeanour when he's with the Russians is completely different..... he's obsequious when he's with them. 

Everything points to them having something serious on him.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:16 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Simply from being mesmerized from this ongoing gong show, how anti-climatic would that be .  Like Geraldo opening the vault and nothing there.

After 68 years of investigation we have found some serious improprieties but nothing illegal.  Blech.

The longer the investigation takes, the worse or better it is for those being investigated? Hard to tell.

I just don't see this happening anymore with the latest attack on the top FBI leadership.

You would think that Mueller and crew are even more laser focus  and going to hit back hard, real hard as much as they can. 

I wonder how pissed Mueller is? Or does he keep his emotions in check and stay on point? Years down the road we will learn more of this.

I could be wrong but after all the bluster about Mueller and his fact find mission, once the investigation is complete his findings could be buried if the assistant deputy attorney general refuses to release it, this is when Trump would fire Rosenstein if he plans on releasing the findings to the Congress or general public and replace him with a crony that wouldn't release the report .

The Trump administration is moving to give restaurants and other employers more control over workers’ tips. But critics have denounced the plan as legalizing wage theft and accuse the administration of suppressing evidence that lends credence to the charge.

In December, the administration announced a proposal to undo portions of a 2011 regulation that blocked employers from collecting tips and distributing them to anyone other than the workers who customarily receive them.

Under the new proposal, for which the public comment period ends on Monday, employers could use workers’ tips for essentially any purpose, as long as the workers were directly paid at least the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.

Somehow, I'm sure that this is good, cause

Trump is working for the little guy. 

"dollar fifty Donald".

Edited by Mark F

20 hours ago, bustamente said:

I could be wrong but after all the bluster about Mueller and his fact find mission, once the investigation is complete his findings could be buried if the assistant deputy attorney general refuses to release it, this is when Trump would fire Rosenstein if he plans on releasing the findings to the Congress or general public and replace him with a crony that wouldn't release the report .

Yes.  I believe the mandate is to release to the public but conditional on what the AG feels is appropriate.  Its really interesting because assuming Mueller gets to finish and submits his report, keep in mind Rosenstein is the one that appointed him and by all accounts feels Mueller is doing a fine job.  He's also come under fire from the President with his job being threatened.  Why would he protect Trump?

If anything, if Trump is willing to let Mueller finish, he might fire Rosenstein (or Sessions) and replace them with someone he thinks is more loyal.

I suspect that if Mueller submits a report recommending articles of impeachment, that Rosenstein would forward it to Congress to act.

Even if the report is buried or Congress refuses to act, things change if the house switches to Dems and eventually if the White House switches, they can release the report.

I think Mueller is pretty smart.  If he only ends up indicting family members, trump will simply pardon them. 

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

is he serious?  not applauding his speech is grounds for being tossed in jail or executed?  (or do they not execute people for treason anymore?) 

and I mean, should he really be saying what is and isn't treason at this point?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

"They were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, 'Treasonous.' I mean, yeah, I guess, why not," Trump said to laughter.
"Can we call that treason? Why not," he added. He made the remarks during a speech at a manufacturing plant in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Cuz... it's not?

Now Colluding with a hostile foreign power to win a presidential election... that would be more on the mark. What a maroon. 

I understand, that he probably doesn't believe 75% of the **** that spews outta his foodhole- but man, He really doesn't give humans any benefit of a doubt that they posses a modicum of intelligence. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

The Democratic meno has be cleared to be released by the intelligence committee, now up to the White House to release it.

My understanding is, should the White House refuse, that it can be read on the floor of Congress without repercussion.  But I imagine they just want it to be released and I also imagine it's somewhat damning and they are sort of messing with the White House on this... it looks terrible if Trump refuses to release it.

After great orators like Bill Clinton and Obama, what a refreshing change to have a President so moronic that he needs a team of aids to explain what he meant after he says it and to let everyone know when he's serious and when he's joking. 

And when they try to say Trump is plainspoken, no he's an idiot.  W. was plain spoken and no one had to wonder what he was talking about most of the time.  You'd think being able to communicate would be a prerequisite to the job.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Supreme Leader Trump wants a military parade, tanks  missiles and oh a few veterans for a nice photo op ,I wonder which other countries have military parades.

Trump:

"At a very young age, he (Kim Jong Un, dictator of N Korea) was able to assume power. A lot of people, I'm sure, tried to take that power away, whether it was his uncle or anybody else. And he was able to do it. So obviously, he's a pretty smart cookie." (April 30, CBS)

If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would be honored to do it."

That's quoting Trump. 

:lol:

And Trump just said it's treason not to clap for his speech.  His followers loved it.

Admiral Stavridis was the 16th Supreme Allied Commander at NATO and is Dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University:

But now we have a President who evidently wants a military parade “like the one in France” — meaning their Bastille Day celebrations. I am very respectful of French culture and the French military, but the idea of a big, showy, expensive parade reminds me less of our French allies and more of the old Soviet Union “Who has the biggest missile?” extravaganzas, or the truly creepy North Korean jitterbug marching style galas, with the even creepier “young leader,” Kim Jung Un, urging his nation of sycophants on in wildly over-the-top applause, which has a clap-hard-or-die feel to it.

Edited by Mark F

From a different source: https://www.mediaite.com/online/senior-trump-aide-and-rumored-hope-hicks-bf-resigns-after-both-ex-wives-accuse-him-of-abuse/

White House senior aide Rob Porterresigned on Wednesday after both of his ex wives came forward to accuse him of extensive emotional and physical abuse.

Holderness, a senior analyst for the U.S. government, said that she and Willoughby were interviewed by the FBI when Porter was vetted for security clearance for his White House job.

Though both women told the FBI that Porter had abused them — and Holderness even shared photos of her injuries — he kept his job in the White House, though he reportedly never received security clearance.

The allegations leveled against Porter — a powerful figure in the Trump administration who is rumored to be dating communications director Hope Hicks — have reportedly sent the White House into chaos:

Edited by The Unknown Poster