US Politics

Rich

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

The US at that time expected another war with England (they were right as it happened in 1812) and so wanted to make sure everyone had a gun. Those days are long over.

Exactly.  I bet the majority of gun nuts couldnt quote the 2nd amendment to save their lives.  The Constitution is not sacrosanct.  It's been amended numerous times.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its insanity that this is being talked about seriously.  At a time when the actions of experienced, trained cops are being questioned, this idiot and his NRA pals want to give guns to teachers and have them enforce law on school grounds?  Its absolutely insane.

It also tells you where their heads are at in that they will gladly find money for this. 

What in the blue hell is a teacher supposed to do when a guy with a military weapon is shooting up a school, go out into the hall with their colt and take him on?  How many school shooters kill themselves or engage in a shootout with police knowing they will die?  And this clown thinks "cowardly" shooters will avoid schools?  Ridiculous

I think the opposite could happen instead.

Knowing teachers are armed may add to his excitement and encourage the murderer even more in carrying out his plan.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think the opposite could happen instead.

Knowing teachers are armed may add to his excitement and encourage the murderer even more in carrying out his plan.

I dont disagree.  Too many questions to even consider.  The idea of a teacher in a classroom of 30 students wearing a sidearm is so moronic it would be laughable if it wasnt being seriously suggested.  It just makes everyone unsafe from Second One rather then unsafe when a shooter targets them. 

Its mind boggling to realize the NRA and their bought & paid for puppets are turning a mass shooting of children into an opportunity to SELL MORE GUNS.  Outrageous. 

So you arm teacher, who one day gets fed up with certain students and one day cracks, gets into and argument /altercation and shoots them , next day you would have the NRA telling student to arm up. Folks this is insanity  pure and simple insanity. Rifles for hunters sure, hand guns that are registered and permitted personally don't like it but ok, semi or fully automatic weapons  should be outright banned in civilian society. Will anything change, nope 

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So you arm teacher, who one day gets fed up with certain students and one day cracks, gets into and argument /altercation and shoots them , next day you would have the NRA telling student to arm up. Folks this is insanity  pure and simple insanity. Rifles for hunters sure, hand guns that are registered and permitted personally don't like it but ok, semi or fully automatic weapons  should be outright banned in civilian society. Will anything change, nope 

Plus, answer me this:

Are teachers going to carry them on their person 24/7?  If so are they obligated to (ie. if they decide not to that day are they liable in some way)?  WIll they be locked up?  If so, where?  How accessible will they be?

Basically, a crazy student wont have to even bring his own gun anymore.  He can just jump Mr Belding and take his.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I think it will change.  Not today and maybe not in Trump's presidency.... but I think it's coming.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think it will change.  Not today and maybe not in Trump's presidency.... but I think it's coming.

Maybe someday, at least they haven't thrown it on the back burner and it still a topic of conversation, maybe the students will accomplish something 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its insanity that this is being talked about seriously.  At a time when the actions of experienced, trained cops are being questioned, this idiot and his NRA pals want to give guns to teachers and have them enforce law on school grounds?  Its absolutely insane.

It also tells you where their heads are at in that they will gladly find money for this. 

What in the blue hell is a teacher supposed to do when a guy with a military weapon is shooting up a school, go out into the hall with their colt and take him on?  How many school shooters kill themselves or engage in a shootout with police knowing they will die?  And this clown thinks "cowardly" shooters will avoid schools?  Ridiculous

Apparently the teacher will not have to worry about the difference in fire power as long as he's a "good guy" and has God on his side.

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

you know what’s more frightening than active shooter drills?  Active shooters  

has he talked to teachers and their unions about this?  What an idiot. 

I bet if Trump could call them the Official Trump Active Shooter Drill and be paid for the use of his name, he wouldn't oppose it.

Sure. Give them a gun bonus after taking away the tax credit for buying school supplies. SMH 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller has filed new charges against former Donald Trump campaign officials Paul Manafort and Rick Gates.

The 32-count indictment, filed in Alexandria, Virginia, includes tax and bank fraud charges.

Could see this coming 100 miles, away.   Manafort can spend the rest of life in the can.....or reconsider his position. 

So much for this played out, nothing burger  investigation....

ps - if you look carefully at not only Mueller's background - but that of the lead members of his team......one would see some real pros from Dover.  These boyos are not kidding around.   They are going to keep climbing right up the ladder.   Got to hand it to Mueller - nary a peep, then BOOM.

Edited by do or die