US Politics

Rich

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Denies what? That his Lawyer is Cohen?

Sorry, yes, he denies Cohen is his lawyer even though Cohen's lawyer just told a federal judge that Hannity IS his client.  They tried to keep it confidential so Im guessing Hannity was fine with them using his name as part of their argument to let Trump see the seized material but once it became public, he was running for the hills.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The cynical view is that the image was released in an effort to make Trump look presidential.  We remember how iconic the image of Obama and Clinton watching the OBL raid looked.  And if you view it that way, then it calls into question the entire Syrian bombing and the timing to coincide with Comey and the Cohen raid.

If she was trying to make him look presidential then she should have chosen a picture of Trump when he wasn't looking clueless.

Edited by Jacquie

Digby Parton..... Hannity lawyer being Cohen

Nobody would hire Cohen to do some routine estate planning. Cohen has a specialty. He's a fixer. And Fox News is run by sexist pigs. We know that.

One thing we know for sure now is that even if he wanted to, Hannity can't cross Trump, can he? Trump knows ...

In a sane world these clowns would all be gone by now. When this Trump dam finally bursts, look out. (probably why Ryan bailed).

Edited by Mark F

Hannity clearly got some legal advice at some point because he went from "he's not my lawyer and there is no privilege" to "he's not my lawyer but I assumed privilege" to "I might have given him a few bucks so ofcourse privilege exists".  And now he's just doing his usual over-bearing, obnoxious shouting down of anyone questioning him.

Imagine Hannity's reaction had it been, say, Anderson Cooper (which isnt even a great example since he's not a de facto spokesperson for Dems) connected to a Clinton lawyer under federal investigation?

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I love... 

H: Cohen is not my lawyer. 

Also, H: Attorney client privilege! 

Well, too bad Cohen has named him as a client.....in a court of law.

According to the WH, this morning Cohen was "just one of many lawyers" working for Trump.   Nice try.

Edited by do or die

1 hour ago, do or die said:

There have been various reports, indicating that Cohen liked to record some of his conversations with "famous people"    Stay tuned.

Yup.  And one suspects the feds believe strongly Cohen has evidence of illegal activity by 1) himself 2) his clients.  To convince a judge and the DOJ to raid a lawyer and take documents, recordings etc that under normal circumstances would be privileged, its an enormously hard warrant to get and indicates they really believe there is important evidence of serious crimes.