US Politics

Rich

As the heat turns up......the circle of decision makers gets smaller....never mind the House, Senate or the rest of the entire WH administration.    

Trump, Bannon, Priebus, "Javanka " (Kushner and Ivanka) and Steve Miller...  hunkered down in the Trumpenbunker,  insisting that things are still going according to plan....as the shells are whistling overhead.

Edited by do or die

This presser is going to be a big part of the inevitable "Fall of Donald" Documentary.  And keep in mind, these were pre-screened questions and they pushed back the presser so Trump could prepare answers. 

This explains his dodge of "not knowing about it":

This is all building to a "What did the President know and when did he know it" moment, isnt it?

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Ahhh Donald is so refreshing.  My favourite politician of all time.

LOL - yeah exactly.  I don't know what's more entertaining,  Donald fencing with the press or watching peoples' heads explode every day in reaction.  I did laugh at that BBC reporter saying that the BBC is fair and impartial.  Oh boy, that will be the day.

I don't know what's more entertaining,  Donald Trump melting down and trying to convince people one thing and then saying the exact opposite in the next sentence or watching peoples' Jaw drop every day in realisation that this is the POTUS.  I did laugh at that bit about Trumps ratings would get better if he sunk the Russian ship. Oh boy, that will be the day.

Saw this and thought of Trump:

batshit-crazy.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 hours ago, johnzo said:

Yeah, that bit about attacking a Russian ship, that wasn't real funny to me, but I guess I'm an easily triggered snowflake. Glad to know you guys are getting yuks out of it.

I like to think that he is being sarcastic and pointing out how odd it is how much the left hate Russia.  I never quite know with Trump but I'm pretty sure he won't be attacking any Russian ships any time soon.

58 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like to think that he is being sarcastic and pointing out how odd it is how much the left hate Russia.  I never quite know with Trump but I'm pretty sure he won't be attacking any Russian ships any time soon.

"The left"? As if the right doesn't hate them. When it comes to Russia no one likes them other than Trump.

Edited by Jacquie

If the "right" doesnt view Russia as an enemy and with great caution they should be renamed the "wrong".

The remark was outrageous because it shows a complete lack of diplomacy and intelligence on behalf of Trump.  Its the kind of stupid off-hand remark that can cause international incidents.  If Putin gave a speech in Moscow and off-hand joked about blowing up a US ship, it would not play very well here.  It would be seen as a provocation and contribute to the idea that Putin isnt thoughtful or, worse, is an impulsive madman.

Some of Trump's method to speaking is refreshing in that he doesnt seem to give much thought to the words that come out of his mouth so you never really have to guess at what he's thinking, what he really means or what the mindset of government is.  I might admire those qualities in, oh I dont know, maybe my boss...maybe my lawyer.  Maybe my mechanic.  But leader of the free world?  I think erring on the side of careful is better then careless.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the "right" doesnt view Russia as an enemy and with great caution they should be renamed the "wrong".

The remark was outrageous because it shows a complete lack of diplomacy and intelligence on behalf of Trump.  Its the kind of stupid off-hand remark that can cause international incidents.  If Putin gave a speech in Moscow and off-hand joked about blowing up a US ship, it would not play very well here.  It would be seen as a provocation and contribute to the idea that Putin isnt thoughtful or, worse, is an impulsive madman.

Some of Trump's method to speaking is refreshing in that he doesnt seem to give much thought to the words that come out of his mouth so you never really have to guess at what he's thinking, what he really means or what the mindset of government is.  I might admire those qualities in, oh I dont know, maybe my boss...maybe my lawyer.  Maybe my mechanic.  But leader of the free world?  I think erring on the side of careful is better then careless.

I don't find that refreshing at all. However, we're now told that Trump is a genius by a recent fox contributor (name eludes me) so all is good.

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Let's ask Ukraine.

That situation isn't as simple as you'd like to believe.  There are pro-Russian separatist factions within Ukraine.  But I guess you know better than they do.  How much time have you spent there?  I'm eager to hear about your experiences.