US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

So you don't think fostering a better relationship with Russia would be beneficial?

I guess so.  When a nation wants to screw you though, how better can it be?  You can either make them happy and bend over or you can refuse to bed over and not make them happy.  Trust but verify I guess.  Putin isnt Gorby.  He's a dictator from the KGB.  He doesnt want to be buddies with the US.  And I dont think he would respond to niceties.  He hasnt so far.  He has done whatever he wanted wherever he wanted. 

I dont want war with Russia.  But Russia isnt our friend. 

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That situation isn't as simple as you'd like to believe.  There are pro-Russian separatist factions within Ukraine.  But I guess you know better than they do.  How much time have you spent there?  I'm eager to hear about your experiences.

I havent spent any time there.  But my Ukrainian friends have.  There are pro-France separatists here so we should be okay with an invasion?  Russia violated the sovereignty of another nation and it was allowed to stand.  In this case I dont care at all about the complexities etc.  Ukraine should know they can count of the west for support and we all let them down. 

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Translation: "I don't like this and am willing to ask other people to risk their lives and careers to stop it.  While I tweet about it."

Lots of different forms of resistance.  Should all media/activists/citizens remain silent unless they're willing to risk life and shed blood?

Use your words, man.  "White house denies" and "not true" are not logically equivalent, and that holds true for any White House, not just the current one.  And you have to admit that the current administration has a loose relationship with the truth. Remember Spicer claiming that the inauguration festivities were the biggest ever? Not a lot of credibility there.

Perhaps it's a leak detector; it's a classic counterespionage technique to feed distinctive and compelling information to questionable people and then see where it gets echoed.
Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lots of different forms of resistance.  Should all media/activists/citizens remain silent unless they're willing to risk life and shed blood?

Yes, if they are telling other people that they should be willing to.

Edited by Atomic

23 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

WOw

This is a prime example of not giving the entire story.  The reporter asked Trump if he would meet with the CBC.  The part that wasn't included in that soundbite was after he told the reporter he would love to meet with the CBC, he went on to say that they've been trying extremely hard to meet with the CBC, and due to political reasons, the CBC won't meet with the White House, and Trump said it was probably due to instructions from the DNC.  Is this true?  I know many here would just dismiss this as Trump lying.  If it is true, and Trump has been trying to meet with them to discuss issues of inner cities, and they won't meet with him purely due to optics and politics, then shame on them.

There was a comment about how Flint doesn't have drinking water yet.  If the DNC representatives from that area are putting politics ahead of the people then shame on them. 

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This is a prime example of not giving the entire story.  The reporter asked Trump if he would meet with the CBC.  The part that wasn't included in that soundbite was after he told the reporter he would love to meet with the CBC, he went on to say that they've been trying extremely hard to meet with the CBC, and due to political reasons, the CBC won't meet with the White House, and Trump said it was probably due to instructions from the DNC.  Is this true?  I know many here would just dismiss this as Trump lying.  If it is true, and Trump has been trying to meet with them to discuss issues of inner cities, and they won't meet with him purely due to optics and politics, then shame on them.

There was a comment about how Flint doesn't have drinking water yet.  If the DNC representatives from that area are putting politics ahead of the people then shame on them. 

Good on you for defending and giving the benefit of the doubt, no matter how strained it should be, to a serial liar. You are a bigger man than myself.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

OK then stop whining.

Not sure what you are talking about. Could you post me a few examples of my whines please, so I can conduct myself in a matter that is more palatable for you in the future? And we should take this to PMs instead of airing this out in the forum.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

37 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Could you post me a few examples of my whines please, so I can conduct myself in a matter that is more palatable for you in the future? And we should take this to PMs instead of airing this out in the forum.

Sorry I don't waste my time with people who get their political opinions from the Daily Show and SNL

44 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hear hear!

Edited by StevetheClub