US Politics

Rich

There is a video that seems to show Bannon reaching to touch Priebus and gets batted away. Interesting body language

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/moment-white-house-chief-staff-9908143

Trump admin sure seems on the wrong side of this Russia stuff.  Could be their eventual undoing.  Trump wont last.  He cant even put in a full months work, golfing every weekend even as he criticized Obama for golfing (and the admin is sensitive to this as they have lied about it).

Some of the grassroots.... are probably beginning to suspect....... that they have been had.  

Most Americans are smart enough to know that neither party gives two sh*ts about them.

Respect for Senators and congresspeople, is something like 10percent approval, or maybe lower.

Edited by Mark F

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

No you aren't.  Just admit that you misunderstood the original post and what I was responding to.  Illegal immigrants with criminal records are NOT the same thing as refugees.  It's two separate issues and I believe they should be dealt with in different ways.  Don't try to twist my argument to be about refugees when it's about illegal immigrants with criminal records.

Spicer on criticism of the Trump campaign  banning reporters and outlets from Campaign Events and if that is going to carry on in WH:

“Look, there’s a big difference between a campaign where it is a private venue using private funds and a government entity,” Spicer replied. “I think we have a respect for the press when it comes to the government. That is something you can’t ban an entity from.”

“Conservative, liberal or otherwise,” he continued, “that’s what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship. I think there is a vastly different model when it comes to government and what should be expected, and that’s on both sides.”

And now this:

28 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Shameful. I hope all media boycotts these things until it changes. But that's probably what Trump wants. Hopefully there's a lawsuit in it. 

Associated Press and some other outlets refused to take part. Good on them. 

Trump the dictator. 

Not going to happen, Fox will continue to distort and polish this turd of an administration while briebart will rise in prominence and eventually displace fox. The rest of the media, if they relent will become marginalised and eventually viewed as ineffectual and impotent. It seems like the plan is motion already, now let's see how the American populace and frankly the rest of the world's people react to this Dictator move. 

From a CNN story about this:

It's reminiscent of a 2009 incident in which the Obama White House tried to exclude Fox News from interviewing a newly-appointed administration official, Kenneth Feinberg -- and got a brusque reply from the bureau chiefs of ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC that they would skip planned interviews with Feinberg unless Fox was included.

Fox should return the favour. 

55 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

From a CNN story about this:

It's reminiscent of a 2009 incident in which the Obama White House tried to exclude Fox News from interviewing a newly-appointed administration official, Kenneth Feinberg -- and got a brusque reply from the bureau chiefs of ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC that they would skip planned interviews with Feinberg unless Fox was included.

Fox should return the favour. 

**** fox.

Actually, I do hope Fox does surprise me and stand with them... but I don't think it will happen. If it does I will gladly retract. But still, **** Fox and their constant turd polishing, lipstick-smearing-on-a-pig because-it-fits-our-narrative ways. They are among the worst.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

interesting article about Trump and the media.

"In a recent media alert, we noted the occasional tell-tale signs of uncomfortable truths that slip through cracks in the propaganda façade of BBC News. Very occasionally, the propaganda nature is clearly highlighted and can be enjoyed for its directness and the flustered BBC response it provokes."

the characteristics of the Trump presidency, and in particular its media handling, the attempt to side-line the press, the complete contempt for the truth, there's nothing new here. It happened with the Clinton years, it happened during the Blair years. Actually, it was worse during the Blair years, because the press was so reverential, and they sold us the lie about weapons of mass destruction and the Iraq war. And then they sold us – Cameron, the inheritor of Blair – sold us the lie about Libya and that catastrophe in north Africa. And the press and the BBC cheered him along. They didn't question it and now that they've got somebody they don't like, they're going after him....'

14 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

**** fox.

Actually, I do hope Fox does surprise me and stand with them... but I don't think it will happen. If it does I will gladly retract. But still, **** Fox and their constant turd polishing, lipstick-smearing-on-a-pig because-it-fits-our-narrative ways. They are among the worst.

Their chief political correspondent has come out in support of media access. Let's see if they do more 

18 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

**** fox.

Yeah, but how are they any different then than CNN and the NYT?  Their main job was polishing the Obama turd for 8 years.  Now it's Fox's turn with Trump.  That's the main issue I have with the media, there is no objective reporting anymore, anywhere. They just pick sides and polish whatever turd is in the White House as long as it fits their narrative.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah, but how are they any different then than CNN and the NYT?  Their main job was polishing the Obama turd for 8 years.  Now it's Fox's turn with Trump.  That's the main issue I have with the media, there is no objective reporting anymore, anywhere. They just pick sides and polish whatever turd is in the White House as long as it fits their narrative.

Fox is on a level that is all it's own, no one else touches them...

Here is a great outline of FOX (a little out of date, but still relevant:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/distort-attack-repeat-20110524

How we use your email address

There are plenty of things to go after Trump without falling for this fight with the media. It's a distraction.

"

The naïve complicity of the press and the government was never more pronounced than in the prelude to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. The media became an echo chamber for White House pronouncements. One example: At President Bush’s March 6, 2003, news conference, in which he made it eminently clear that the United States was going to war, one reporter pleased the “born again” Bush when she asked him if he prayed about going to war. And so it went.

and so on.

Now they are puffing themselves up yet again. A Bunch of blowhards.

Criticise him for what he's doing other than this.  There are a lot of things in the works, He's dismantling the government.

As usual the big media misses the real stories. The ones that require some research and work. There are people doing that, but they aren't on TV.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was stuck for five hours a few years ago trying to get through the Houston airport.  I just chalked it up to incompetence of the US Customs people but I should have blamed Obama I guess.  

How much of those 5 hours were spent being aggressively interrogated?

5 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

How much of those 5 hours were spent being aggressively interrogated?

was this guy "aggressively interrogated"?  With all of the fake news now pouring out of the orifices of both the alt left and alt right I don't know what to believe anymore.

I wasn't aggressively interrogated, it just took five hours to get through Customs because they didn't have enough staff and it took forever to get through.  I was lucky I had a long layover or I would have missed my flight.

Anyone else watching the Oscars tonight?  I am going to play a drinking game - every time an elitist Hollywood multi-millionaire makes an inappropriate speech about Trump I am going to pour myself a CR.  I don't expect to make it through the first hour.