US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He insults Comey several times in this interview.  Just a classless piece of garbage. Claims Comey told him he was not under investigation.  

I bet there are a lot of people in the FBI who are not friends of Trump today. 

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/11/15624544/fbi-trump-comey-war

“[Trump] essentially declared war on a lot of people at the FBI,” an anonymous FBI official told the Washington Post.

McCabe also went against the WH claims that Comey had lost support of FBI employees.

“We’ve heard in the news that claims that Director Comey had lost the confidence of rank and file FBI employees,” Democratic Senator Martin Heinrich noted to McCabe. “You’ve been there for 21 years. In your opinion, is it accurate that the rank and file no longer supported Director Comey?”

The acting FBI director bluntly replied, “No, sir. That is not accurate.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/acting-fbi-director-contradicts-claim-that-fbi-lost-confidence-in-james-comey/

5 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Well this guy won't be acting FBI director for long with that statement. Don't bow to the Emperor means you're out of a job.

My only concern with this is that Trump had this guy in the oval office BEFORE elevating him to acting Director.  Since Trump flat out said he asked Comey if he was under investigation, we can strongly assume the conversation turned to the investigation.  I just hope he's not a pawn.  If anything these words and deeds by Trump should create more momentum to bring him down and more desire to get at the truth.

I love that when Trump was asked about the recommendation from his AG to fire Comey he couldn't even allow "credit" to a recommendation, he had to say no it didnt matter and he was going to fire him anyway.  What an ego.

WTF

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politics/donald-trump-james-comey-threat/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump issued a thinly veiled threat Friday to fired FBI Director James Comey, an extraordinary development in the ongoing feud between the President and the agencies investigating alleged ties between his campaign and Russia.

"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press," the President tweeted.

When he fired Comey earlier this week, Trump garnered comparisons to President Richard Nixon and his infamous decision to remove the special prosecutor investigating Watergate crimes in 1973. The Watergate scandal accelerated drastically when it was revealed Nixon taped conversations in the White House. Trump didn't provide further details Friday on whether he was taping conversations.

On January Trump requested a dinner meeting with Comey. He demanded Comey pledge loyalty to him. 

Comey refused saying al FBI personnel pledge loyalty to the constitution not the President. 

We see what is happening here. I don't believe Trump could seize dictatorial powers. But he seems to think he can.  

And this behaviour seems to indicate a guy who lows there are some nasty skeletons in the closet and he wants people to protect him. 

Its really outrageous. 

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I love that when Trump was asked about the recommendation from his AG to fire Comey he couldn't even allow "credit" to a recommendation, he had to say no it didnt matter and he was going to fire him anyway.  What an ego.

An ego that will lead to his impeachment and arrest. Admitting to obstruction of justice on national TV is damn stupid.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

We see what is happening here. I don't believe Trump could seize dictatorial powers. But he seems to think he can.  

And it's no wonder with the GOP turning a blind eye to everything he's doing. They consistently put party over country especially when it comes to keeping power.

Comey is gonna testify publicly to the Senate.

Don't know what his play is, why exactly he'd insist on a public hearing, since there will be classified stuff he can't talk about ....  but I will have my popcorn ready.

Edited by johnzo

trump interview may 8th. really hope someone takes the nuclear code away from trump.

On the future USS Ford-class carriers

You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air."

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.

twilight zone

Edited by Mark F