US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, max power said:

Nice job proving my point.

Amazing how in the last few months suddenly 50% of the population in North America are very obviously totally racist!

Can you clarify this statement please? I don't understand the point you are trying to make here. Racism exists, it's not a " ridiculous liberal outrage du jour." 

You should really clarify your statements, otherwise it looks like you are saying that racism is a liberal fabrication and doesn't really exist. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not saying that, but you should just clarify.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

47 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Can you clarify this statement please? I don't understand the point you are trying to make here. Racism exists, it's not a " ridiculous liberal outrage du jour." 

You should really clarify your statements, otherwise it looks like you are saying that racism is a liberal fabrication and doesn't really exist. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not saying that, but you should just clarify.

Sure racism exists. But we've reached the point where anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal mob 100% is branded a racist.  Like what the unkown whatshisface just did.  It's insane. 

Even the suddenly commonly accepted idea that Trump is a white supremacist is pretty laughable. But I don't want to get into that here, some people might suffer a fainting spell.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Yes, do you know what I'm talking about?

I just read back in this thread a bit, and I see you're basically hysterical over the KKK grand master Trump, so I don't imagine there's much point in arguing with you over how unbelievably racist every conservative in north america is.

2 minutes ago, max power said:

Yes, do you know what I'm talking about?

I just read back in this thread a bit, and I see you're basically hysterical over the KKK grand master Trump, so I don't imagine there's much point in arguing with you over how unbelievably racist every conservative in north america is.

Again, what are you talking about?  You pop in here to insult people without adding anything relevant or even expressing a cogent opinion, probably because you know your position is stupid.  If I recall, you're an unabashed Trump lover.  Ill take you're incorrect and silly description of me as "hysterical" over being so blindly in love with an ideological that you'd accept everything that goes with it, hook line & sinker. 

Which wasnt even the topic at hand.  I guess you dont know why many players took knees yesterday right?

Are you suggesting all conservatives are racists?  Because that's idiocy.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thats what I didnt understand either.  it was a drive by insulting of everyone with no substance or context.  Imagine thinking racism was a liberal creation.  lol

24 minutes ago, max power said:

Sure racism exists. But we've reached the point where anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal mob 100% is branded a racist.  Like what the unkown whatshisface just did.  It's insane. 

Even the suddenly commonly accepted idea that Trump is a white supremacist is pretty laughable. But I don't want to get into that here, some people might suffer a fainting spell.

When did I assume everyone who disagrees with liberals is racists?  Im a conservative, pal. lol

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Ive changed my mind a bit about the Pens, who are my favourite team next to the Jets.  They not only allowed themselves to be used as a pawn in Trump's racist games, they encouraged it with the timing of their announcement.  Its hard not to look at it and see a bunch of white guys happy to go to the White House when predominantly black athletes are under fire from the President who actively wants their jobs taken away.

Troy Westwood was irate this morning.  And I agree with him.

Its hard not to see this as a matter of the Pens feeling "well, we'll go.  We dont have an issue".  yeah..well, you're predominantly white.  Like, do people not understand that the desire of racists is to divide in this manner. 

Trump used the Pens.  Calls them a great team and happy to host them.  That mostly white team. 

Dont like it.  If you cant support the black athletes when they come under attack can you at least support them for the fact they are fellow athletes?

We're Canadians. We just want to be polite & not rock the boat.  Seriously, they shouldn't go. 

e

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/riders-lottery-president-makes-waves-with-pro-trump-comments-1.4305907

Fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders are lashing out after the Friends of the Riders president aligned himself with U.S. President Donald Trump and his views of kneeling football players.

Tom Shepherd runs the lottery which sells draw tickets and 50/50 tickets to raise money for the CFL team. 

On Sunday, before the Rider game against the Calgary Stampeders, Shepherd spoke out on the CKRM pre-game show.

He called Trump his man and said he agreed with his stance that football players who kneel during the national anthem as an act of protest should be fired.

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump used the Pens.  Calls them a great team and happy to host them.  That mostly white team. 

LOL - come on man, back down a bit on the histrionics.  Could you even form an NHL team with non-white players?  It's the whitest sport in the world, next to maybe that sport where the guys cross-country ski and then shoot out targets with a gun.  It's no surprise that the Pittsburgh Penguins are "mostly white".  Do they have any players who aren't white?  Man I hate this racial crap.  Who cares what race any player is.  That's what bugs me about Trump wading into this cesspool.  Last week no one really cared if a player wanted to kneel during an anthem.  Now it's all politics.  Just meh.  I was listening to Howard Stern this morning and he was saying that sports is the one place you could go to escape politics, and now fans don't even have that.  Just barf.

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - come on man, back down a bit on the histrionics.  Could you even form an NHL team with non-white players?  It's the whitest sport in the world, next to maybe that sport where the guys cross-country ski and then shoot out targets with a gun.  It's no surprise that the Pittsburgh Penguins are "mostly white".  Do they have any players who aren't white?  Man I hate this racial crap.  Who cares what race any player is.  That's what bugs me about Trump wading into this cesspool.  Last week no one really cared if a player wanted to kneel during an anthem.  Now it's all politics.  Just meh.  I was listening to Howard Stern this morning and he was saying that sports is the one place you could go to escape politics, and now fans don't even have that.  Just barf.

Are you suggesting  meant mostly white as in they built a team like that on purpose? I think you missed my point lol 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Are you suggesting  meant mostly white as in they built a team like that on purpose? I think you missed my point lol 

No I'm not suggesting that.  I just don't know why suddenly "mostly white" NHL hockey teams are even a "thing"?  So what? Are you equally angry that a lot of basketball teams are "mostly black"?  Why are we focusing on race at all?  Who the hell cares?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

49 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Curling is the whitest sport in the world. Bar none. No contest. 

true, but that being said, any sports involving snow and cold seem to be predominated by white people. Probably because the sports that are played in countries with cold climates are predominately Caucasian, at this current moment in time.    Not sure why that is somehow a bad thing.  As demographics change, this trend will change, and I'm totally in favour of that.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

true, but that being said, any sports involving snow and cold seem to be predominated by white people. Probably because the sports that are played in countries with cold climates are predominately Caucasian, at this current moment in time.    Not sure why that is somehow a bad thing.  As demographics change, this trend will change, and I'm totally in favour of that.

No no my point was merely that the predominantly white Pens are more up Trump's ally.  He will enjoy that photo.  And the announcement came at a time when Trump could use it politically.  What will it say to Trump's base that he's calling black players SOB's while celebrating the support of mostly white players? 

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No I'm not suggesting that.  I just don't know why suddenly "mostly white" NHL hockey teams are even a "thing"?  So what? Are you equally angry that a lot of basketball teams are "mostly black"?  Why are we focusing on race at all?  Who the hell cares?

Trump is focused on race. 

So the point was made earlier about Obama.  I generally believe any argument in defense of Trump that begins "well what about Obama" is a diversionary tactic.  Obama is not the President so its irrelevant.

However, players have skipped the White House in the past, several under Obama.  I dont believe Obama made any remarks at all about players choosing to attend.  He certainly did not dis-invite the whole team or attack those players publicly.  Obama also never attacked black athletes as SOB's, encouraged them to be fired or encouraged other people to be fired for being critical of him.  He did not use his position to try and negatively influence many businesses and individuals to lose money or jobs.  He did not call neo Nazi's very fine people.

I dont think we can pretend the President is not very divisive on racial equality.  And thats a nice way of putting it.  Im sure there are a lot of people in Puerto Rico who wishes Trump was as invested in their plight as he is in which NFL players stand or kneel for a national anthem.