RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

Only in Winnipeg do the fans start planning to fire the next coach before he's even hired yet.  We want a coach with a winning record for a team that isnt a winning team in talent.  If it was that easy, teams wouldnt bother scouting and drafting - they could just hire winning coaches.

Maurice isnt getting fired.  So its a moot point. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Only in Winnipeg do the fans start planning to fire the next coach before he's even hired yet.  We want a coach with a winning record for a team that isnt a winning team in talent.  If it was that easy, teams wouldnt bother scouting and drafting - they could just hire winning coaches.

Maurice isnt getting fired.  So its a moot point. 

He will be one day. Jets finish bottom 10 again and I don't think he's back next season. 

How many years left on his deal? How many left for Ducky in Barrie? Bet it's the same and bet if the team struggles and has the same issues it's had under Maurice... Ducky is here sooner than ppl think. 

I'm more than willing to see what Maurice can do with the team when it is healthy and what kind of decisions he makes with personnel. This is a develop/transition year. We have 4 rookies in the lineup and a few more in their 2nd year and a lot of injuries.

Question...does Chevy have anything to say with who sits in the pressbox?

Just now, Ducky said:

I'm more than willing to see what Maurice can do with the team when it is healthy and what kind of decisions he makes with personnel. This is a develop/transition year. We have 4 rookies in the lineup and a few more in their 2nd year and a lot of injuries.

Question...does Chevy have anything to say with who sits in the pressbox?

Officially?  No.  Unofficially?  I imagine his opinion carries some weight at meetings.

I'd imagine Chevy has some say in who plays or doesn't but I'd suspect it's 75 25 Maurice.

Let's use Burmi as an example. .. rumor is they are shopping him... so maybe Chevy would tell Maurice to make sure he plays so they can "showcase" him. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You'd think Chevy has  a say on who gets sent down...for example Copp.

Perhaps more say on who gets called up. I think maurice will decide who goes down and I think elc contracts play a role also

Copp Dano Petan all on ELC 

No waivers required. De Leo also. 

So that probably plays a role.  

Edited by Goalie

We can sit here and say... just waive thorburn Burmi Stuart etc to the Moose but.. getting a pick for them is better than losing them for free I guess.  

You don't want to risk losing a guy for nothing when you could have got something even a 5th 6th 7th round pick for him. Seems stupid but... asset management is important 

Just now, Goalie said:

We can sit here and say... just waive thorburn Burmi Stuart etc to the Moose but.. getting a pick for them is better than losing them for free I guess.  

You don't want to risk losing a guy for nothing when you could have got something even a 5th 6th 7th round pick for him. Seems stupid but... asset management is important 

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

The difference between O'shea and Maurice is O'shea actually shows sign of learning from his past mistakes. Great example would be leaving in loffler when macho was obviously healthy.  Maurice would pull loffler once the vet wad healthy. 

Petan Dano Copp have all been good and when little stafford and MP are healthy will be sent down and Burmi and thorburn will still play 

Worst example : In the last game of his 3rd season he attempts 61 yard field goal in a dome.

Not many good Jets right now. Not sure if tired or goaltending or both.

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the players for the Jets play poorly because Burmi starts as 4th line centre over De Leo, then they aren't professionals.  I guarantee you it says absolutely nothing to the other players.  Especially when the narrative of Burmi being awful isnt true.

Why Copp not playing center?

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Worst example : In the last game of his 3rd season he attempts 61 yard field goal in a dome.

Not many good Jets right now. Not sure if tired or goaltending or both.

Why Copp not playing center?

YA. ok.  How is comparing a 61 yard fg try In a coaches 3rd season to a coach who has over 1200 close to 1300 games coached remotely similar? What the heck type of example is that.  I guess you could say it's similar to playing thorburn down by 2 with 4 minutes left