RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

2 minutes left. Down by 1. Dano Burmi Thorburn on the ice. 

It's just stupidity 

This is the most frustrating thing.... How many goals have Thorburn and Burmistrov scored this season?  One?  And it was a blind, Merry Christmas shot from the boards.  You expect them to tie the game up?!  Absolutely ridiculous.

PK and PP are not set during preseason so you can't take a lot from that.

We're missing a few players from the PP and the PK due to injuries. Is Enstrom not on the 1PK? Armia? Little is on the 1PP or 2PP...hard to say seeing as he hasn't really played this year.

Gotta say again, this team will be better when he gets 5 or 6 games under his belt and MP and our D men come back.

Morrissey's play this year has been instrumental in the Jets not falling even further back from a playoff spot. I see him as a 1LHD in the not too distant future.

The PP hasn't been good for a long time tho. They weren't good last year or the year before. 

The problem is the players on the ice. 

I like Buff and I like Wheeler but they aren't exactly prolific PP producers.

Maybe they need to change up the players. 

Scheif Laine Ehlers Petan plus D man (Trouba or Morrissey) on PP 1. 

Not sure about PP 2 but maybe you go 2 D (Enstrom plus Buff ) with Wheeler Little (when healthy) and maybe a shooter like Connor or a guy who can stand in front with skill like Dano. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I know it is the coach's decision whether Connor plays or not but whose decision is it iwhether he goes down? Is that Chevy's decision?  is he healthy? Why is he not on the ice developing somewhere?

Could be a handshake agreement with the agent and player. Nhl money Is better than ahl money. He needs to develop Tho. Maybe he's sent down around new years cuz roslovic gonna go play in the WJHC soon 

I think the discussion on who goes down / comes up is made between both Maurice and Chevy with Chevy having final say as it effects waivers / development.

The longer Connor has a more diminished role on this team without being sent down to the Moose, the more credence there is to rumours of the "handshake" deal with NCAA prospects that they will get their first year with a full NHL salary.

Breaking up the Little / Laine / Ehlers line in the third period yesterday was mind blowingly dumb from an (my) uneducated fan perspective. I don't know the rational behind that move, nor do I really think that any explanation is going to convince me it was intelligent.

I can't stand the constant line juggling. Especially when I then hear him trot out the "we haven't been healthy enough to build any chemistry" excuse in front of the media. Bull****.

And for all the talk about how Ehlers has been slumping and maybe that's why you don't look his way in a shootout, Stafford has 1 goal in 13 games. And has been horrible lately. So give me a break.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Stafford in the shootout is just icing on the cake

The real issue was line blending in the 3rd. Broke up Laine Little ehlers because?  

Just stupidity 

Well you dont know why, so cant really make a judgment on whether the reasoning was stupid or not.  they still had their chances.  Probably most coaches are going to defer to veterans and I think he does with Stafford.  Stafford doesnt fit this team anymore.  He's not fast and he doesnt have the hands he used to.  Wheeler might be in the same boat in 5-6 years because he's not a natural goal scorer but right now he works his tail off and he's fast and he's big.  Stafford just isnt.

But on the shootout, Stafford is a scorer.  So I cant say I hate the decision. 

Although if its me, I keep L-L-E together.  Maybe he was trying to get Wheeler some more opportunities by giving him Ehlers.  Ehlers is dynamic and could be a top scorer when things start going his way.