The Expansion Draft

Ducky

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I guess what I hope most ISN'T happening is GMGM schooling Chevy...

Lol. How? Because the jets gave them a prospect or pick in a not very deep draft? GMGM has schooled a few GMs it appears. Doesnt seem like Chevy is one of them. Doesnt hurt that Chevy and Knights assitant GM McCrimmon have a very very very long history together. 

So lets pass on Dumba and take a 3rd line center and prospect. McPhee isnt really schooling anyone it seems. Lets pass on vatanen or manson to take theodore and a very late first in a weaker draft. It honestly seems like the guy who traded filip forsberg to nashville for 1 year of Martin Erat is being schooled a wee bit by other GMs. 

Edited by Goalie

Well TSN's Bob McKenzie is saying the Jets made trade with VGK to keep Enstrom and that it might involve dropping down in the 1st round and maybe giving up 3rd round.

Say what? The only way we could drop down from 1st round is to trade it for Vegas's 2nd or worse as well as giving up Dano or something.

Too early to grrrr?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well TSN's Bob McKenzie is saying the Jets made trade with VGK to keep Enstrom and that it might involve dropping down in the 1st round and maybe giving up 3rd round.

Say what? The only way we could drop down from 1st round is to trade it for Vegas's 2nd.

Maybe we give them our first (13th) and we get the isles first (15th) thats being sent to vegas. This seems most likely. 

And really makes no difference. 

Vegas is rumored to have multiple firsts this year in side deals (nyi nyr florida anaheim columbus and others) 

Works for me. Despite what KBF says... And others... Morrissey chiarot Stuart would be awful. We need Enstrom. 

Edited by Goalie

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Works for me. Despite what KBF says... And others... Morrissey chiarot Stuart would be awful. We need Enstrom. 

And yet for two years in a row when Enstrom got hurt and we brought up Melch we started winning.  Just a weird coincidence I guess.  And no, I am not advocating for Melch over Enstrom.  I am advocating for pretty much anyone over Enstrom.

OFFICIAL VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS ROSTER..so far

orwards

Teemu Pulkkinen (Coyotes)
William Carrier (Sabres)
(6th round pick also acquired from Sabres)
Cody Eakin (Stars)
Tomas Nosek (Red Wings)
Jonathan Marchessault (Panthers)
Reilly Smith (Panthers - dealt to Vegas for 2018 4th round pick)

Defencemen

Luca Sbisa (Canucks)
John Merrill (Devils)
Brayden McNabb (Kings)

Goaltenders

Calvin Pickard (Avalanche)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg