Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks

BigBlue

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Giguere has also re-established himself as a decent receiver with the Als.

Now that Dave "Sticky" Stala is gone I can't think of any.

You keep talking like that and Roddy could get a woody. 

1 hour ago, J5V said:

It's so embarrassing to think this guy is a Winnipeger.

That's kind of harsh. There's more than a few crappy sportscasters from all around the country working in front of the camera or behind the mic on radio. He's a bad football pbp announcer but that shouldn't be a reason to hate he's from Winnipeg.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's kind of harsh. There's more than a few crappy sportscasters from all around the country working in front of the camera or behind the mic on radio. He's a bad football pbp announcer but that shouldn't be a reason to hate he's from Winnipeg.

Not to mention he's probably a nice enough guy, if you met him on the street...

On 12/1/2016 at 0:58 PM, bearpants said:

That's exactly the point... a lot of people are suggesting we need a top-end canadian receiver... and this connversation just proved that there are very few... there's reliable but declining guys like Bagg and Getzlaf... there's good, but not all-start type guys like Gore, Ianuzzi and Cooehorn.... I would be happy finding someone at the same quality of the 5 guys I just mentioned... but there are very few top-end Canadian receivers in the CFL...

There's also only one team that wins the Grey Cup.

And the team that did depended greatly on their superb NI receiver.

On Saturday, December 03, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Noeller said:

Not to mention he's probably a nice enough guy, if you met him on the street...

I hear he's kind of full of himself and is a prick of sorts but oh well. Most "famous" "winnipegers" are tho. Don't get me started on sitting behind Burton Cummings on a plane once. Talk about dbags.

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I hear he's kind of full of himself and is a prick of sorts but oh well. Most "famous" "winnipegers" are tho. Don't get me started on sitting behind Burton Cummings on a plane once. Talk about dbags.

Y'mean So Long Bannatyne wasn't about the length of the street?

18 hours ago, J5V said:
18 hours ago, J5V said:

Kinda 'sour suite' with this guy alright...just like 46201, which was Burt's apt. address on Bannatyne ...He could be a 'jerk' alright at times...Although he and Randy did play a Bomber game..a looooong time ago...I'll never forget the day I ran into Burt at a bar back in the day...He was sprawled out with his boots sticking out a mile from the table and I tripped over him...One of his goons sitting at the table yells..hey, don't you know who this is...apologize...I just looked at Burt and continued on and got my beer...A little arrogant was Cummings back in the day ,unlike Bachman who was a high school friend at Garden City collegiate...eons ago..

WOW ...that ain't football...BUT this is ... For a pic in 17'..I like this kid Danny Vandervoort  out of McMaster....O'Shea should like this guy as he's from his neck of the woods... Big with great hands and reminds me a lot of Jason Claremont in his prime

Edited by Stickem

19 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Could he be the guy at #1

I won't say it's a lock. But unless this kid totally bombs the combine, I expect he's going to be the first overall pick. Teams will learn from Alex Singleton (very similar situation) after last year - don't underestimate the value of the guy who already knows it's the CFL, not "the CFL, if the NFL doesn't come calling", because he's done the NFL tour already.

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The correction is we...the Bombers are Number One overall....because of the trade with Toronto that netted us that pick in the Willy trade....The rest looks alright with us at no 6 as well, and through the following rounds

Which is why he said not including trades.  BC would be at #3 if trades were factored in.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Which is why he said not including trades.  BC would be at #3 if trades were factored in.

So why not just say what is the order after the first round....???? In that case he is correct that is the order for the rest of the draft UNLESS there are more trades....which could possibly happen

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So why not just say what is the order after the first round....???? In that case he is correct that is the order for the rest of the draft UNLESS there are more trades....which could possibly happen

Because if you're including trades, then it's not the correct order.  It's only correct for the rest of the draft if you ignore the 7 other trades and one forfeit that have already happened.

He was clarifying that this is the order for the draft on the whole, before trades, not just the 1st round.

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Because if you're including trades, then it's not the correct order.  It's only correct for the rest of the draft if you ignore the 7 other trades and one forfeit that have already happened.

He was clarifying that this is the order for the draft on the whole, before trades, not just the 1st round.

There are no trades affecting the first round other than us and B.C.. The second round and those following would be correct the way he has them...  However there could be future trades affecting positions in other rounds..... So let's not include trades then ...the way he said...then the draft order he has is correct..

20 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder if they have all the top guys ranked close if they would go with the local guy Gray.

I don't know how many guys are on the NFL radar... I know Auclair has got a lot of attention and likely to get a shot... according to CBS football they are ranked Senior in the 27th ranked OT and Ankou the 56th ranked DT in the upcoming NFL draft... so while neither may get drafted let's just assume they get a shot at the NFL... suddenly that makes Gray the 2nd ranked player and top ranked O-lineman in the draft this year.... depending on how things play out it certainly wouldn't be a stretch to consider him at #1...