Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I think he's worth 350-375K and I'd rather see low base/high bonuses. I don't think they are close to signing him yet. When asked at the '3 year extension' presser, Walters waited about 5 seconds before answering the question... "Are you confident that Nichols will be back next year".

375,000 seems about right to me. Win us a Grey Cup and then ask for a salary is the 400's range.

The only guy in the league who might be making 400,000 or more and who hasn't won a Grey Cup would be Zach Collaros (just my guess). All the others - Ricky Ray, Mike Reilly, Henry Burris, Darian Durant, and BLM all have cups. (Not sure about J. Jennings either). My point is- one season with a 3rd place finish isn't enough.

19 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Looks like Tony Burnett is making the rounds around the NFL Minnesota last week, New Orleans today and on to Washington. Khali Bass was also at work out in New Orleans.

Wish them both well.  If Delvin Breaux can make the Saints, everyone with CFL experience has a shot.  Well, maybe not Matt Bucknor...

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/12/12/224288/

Interesting tidbit: 

Asked about Glenn, Walters said:

“The point of this discussion is who is the quarterback you want to hang your hat on as your starter, which is Matt Nichols, and then the development of the young guys, which is Dom. Kevin fits somewhere right in the middle.

“We all think very highly of Kevin Glenn in this organization, but it is a business and we need to get Matt Nichols sorted out contractually and see where that number is. I’ll talk to Kevin’s agent and tell him this is where we see him fitting in and this is the price range we have… is it a good fit or is it not a good fit. That’s a discussion down the road.

“It’s almost a separate entity when you’re looking at your salary cap and you’re looking at your roster. It’s what’s the number got to be for your starting quarterback and then what’s the domino effect for the rest of the roster. It would be really nice to get that piece into place so that you can figure out the rest.”

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This is how I'll feel if we lose Nichols after finally showing some ability to win games again:

kicked-nuts-record.jpg

But hey if you're going to lose your starting qb this is probably the offseason to do it in, could be lots of guys who can fill in available. Maybe Durant, Glenn is an option, Maybe pry Franklin out of Edmonton with a good offer, Would a guy trust Travis Lulay in the interm if you can get him free? I dunno seems like the position is in a much stronger place league wide than it has been in quite some time.