Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

43 minutes ago, Rich said:

No doubt Nichols was consulted about playing with Stafford. Rightly or wrongly, Stafford left the Als with a lot of controversy. Let's hope it was situational and Stafford proves to be a good teammate and on-field producer.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Wouldn't take Stafford over Denmark or Gurley...

Seems like ol Clarence never gets any respect...

no joke. When you factor in money I dont know how you could take him over stafford or gurley. Especially when those guys can bring a change of pace to our WR core. I really hope denmark is back. Id rank our wrs like this Dressler>>denmark>darvin adams>>>gurley/smith/stafford. 

Don't mind the Stafford signing.  Montreal was such a gong show last year, tough to judge any player under those conditions, and the guy had a nose for the endzone when he played in Edmonton.

I think that Denmark is gone.  Why would he want to sign with a team that's so crowded at import receiver, especially when there are clean slates out east?  Were the Bombers even talking to him before they brought in Stafford?  Denny is the receiver version of Kevin Glenn, good player with flashes of brilliance who gets no respect.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Don't mind the Stafford signing.  Montreal was such a gong show last year, tough to judge any player under those conditions, and the guy had a nose for the endzone when he played in Edmonton.

I think that Denmark is gone.  Why would he want to sign with a team that's so crowded at import receiver, especially when there are clean slates out east?  Were the Bombers even talking to him before they brought in Stafford?  Denny is the receiver version of Kevin Glenn, good player with flashes of brilliance who gets no respect.

that first part is a whole lot of truth. I wouldnt take under performances in mtl too seriously. 

Stafford while nichols was with edm played 7 games (out of 23 for the season+gc run), had 31 catches (51 for the season with play offs) 410 yards (832) 5 tds(10 for the season) 4 games with back to back tds.  So his production was much great with nichols. Itll be interesting to see if that chemistry still exists. 

Wrs seem to tend to flock together. Rather then a this is my team kind of mentality. But who knows its all up in the air right now. Im hoping he is back. 

Pretty straight forward. Would be very interested in knowing what the upfront, base, and roster date bonuses are. A contract like that is imperative that Nichols performs or he will be released, so I like that structure better than it all being base. I just hope a high percentage of each year's totals are based on roster dates and that there is not much up front.

That way if Nichols regresses this year, we can release him with significant savings.

Edited by gcn11

So I would suspect that if he ever makes the year three raise it will be because he's earned it.  If he's not the guy after two years, Bombers wont pay him the big raise.  Its a pretty Winnipeg signing in that its a QB that is efficient but not spectacular.  And low and behold, he's the best QB we've had since...Glenn?  Maybe Khari?

Now perhaps we can move on. Franklin's not coming here. He never was. Matt's the starter & is making the money most of us thought he should make starting in the $400's. My concern is now at the backup position & whether or not Davis is the guy to move up or they bring in another qb for competition at #2.