Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ed Tait says he'll be in camp, likely along with another "prospect-type"....

So in the last half year since they brought MBT in for a tryout, they've only found one QB prospect worthy of bringing in for TC???  I take it "turn over every rock" is not this scouting team's motto...

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Walters gave Davis the #2 QB money, so he only has #3 QB money left to spend. You won't get any experienced #2 CFL QB's for #3 money. Certainly not the top 2 or 3 prospects.

Not on February 14.  But if these guys are still unsigned in March and April, they are bound to re-assess how much they are willing to work for.  Then the choice becomes do they want to continue a career in football or not.

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

So in the last half year since they brought MBT in for a tryout, they've only found one QB prospect worthy of bringing in for TC???  I take it "turn over every rock" is not this scouting team's motto...

I mean there are only so many reps in TC. How many qb's do you want to see? 4 is generally a pretty average amount that most teams have going into TC.

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I mean there are only so many reps in TC. How many qb's do you want to see? 4 is generally a pretty average amount that most teams have going into TC.

Also, just because they only bring 4, doesn't mean they only found 4 (which is kind of what Mike was getting at)......maybe they've uncovered 10 potential QBs Of The Future, and they're only bringing the best one in......

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't understand how you got from A to B there.

Mostly through sarcasm.  Wasn't all that impressed with the film on MBT, so I hope he's not penciled in as #3.  This approach reminds me too much of "Year Two" when they stood pat with Brohm and a twice-broken Marve.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

The Riders model of carrying Glenn + six 4th string QBs isn't one we need to emulate.  They can keep looking under rocks; we'll look on the football field.

GJ Kinne and Brandon Bridge are not 'fourth string' QBs.... I'd love to see either of those guys in blue & gold

I'd also rather have more than two QBs on the roster right now, but I can be patient...  a bit surprised that the bombers let Bennett slip away before we really saw what he had

Now bring in Greg Ward Jr and Seth Russell please

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

GJ Kinne and Brandon Bridge are not 'fourth string' QBs.... I'd love to see either of those guys in blue & gold

I'd also rather have more than two QBs on the roster right now, but I can be patient...  a bit surprised that the bombers let Bennett slip away before we really saw what he had

Now bring in Greg Ward Jr and Seth Russell please

Well, you could always go to the practises to see what he has.  That's what the coaching staff does.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

practice does not a pro football player make. tee martin and robert marve looked great in practice. Tony ortiz and a ton of other guys too. Joshua bostick. 

While it is true that there can be guys that look good in practice but meh on the field, it is not that often that a guy will look meh in practice but then go out there and tear it up on the field.  If day after day, the Bombers were watching Bennett and decided that he wasn't, for whatever reason, what they were looking for, I'd tend to go with that. 

48 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

While it is true that there can be guys that look good in practice but meh on the field, it is not that often that a guy will look meh in practice but then go out there and tear it up on the field.  If day after day, the Bombers were watching Bennett and decided that he wasn't, for whatever reason, what they were looking for, I'd tend to go with that. 

I am not so sure the Blue rejected Bennett .... The Riders plucked him off our practice roster unexpectedly ... Personally I liked what I saw of him in preseason gaame

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I am not so sure the Blue rejected Bennett .... The Riders plucked him off our practice roster unexpectedly ... Personally I liked what I saw of him in preseason gaame

Unexpectedly? If the Bombers wanted to sign him, the could have. They chose to leave him exposed.