Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

For years we had **** for offensive linemen playing for us. They couldn't block if their life depended on it & now we want to replace guys who can actually play??? I don't get fans sometimes, never satisfied. The grass isn't always greener when it comes to finding better players. Just be happy we finally have a kick ass offensive line & that the unit stays healthy.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I for one will not be happy until the Bombers field an OL of LT-Chris Wallby Clone-LG-Dave Black Clone-C-Jon Bonk Clone-RG-Nick Bastaja Clone-RT-Miles Gorell Clone. An all NI Line that costs $300,000 ($60,000 by 5, they're clones after all. They can be programmed to play for cheap).

Those days are gone. ;)

Edited by M.O.A.B.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

For those complaining that Bass was too small to play MLB because he's only about 220 lbs. He's the same size as Elimimian. I have a hard time believing that you would make the same argument about Elimimian if he played for the Bombers. 

It doesn't hurt to have a partner like Adam Bighill.  

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Watching Bass at MLB last year, it was painfully apparent that he often went for the wrong gap on run plays. My observation is that he wasn't necessarily getting bulldozed mano-a-mano, he was caught trying to catch up and/or being dragged along off of weak arm tackles. 

But was this scheme or Bass...  I remember this being used as an excuse for Hurl a couple years ago - that he was told to close gaps...

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

People get so weird with the height and weight stuff.  Good lord.

I think that in football, unlike most other sports, positions are almost defined by size... if you gave me a list of 5 random football players and just told me their size, I could probably guess their position (or one of 2 positions: like a guys who's 6'3, 260 is likely a rush end while a guy who's 6'5, 310 could be an OG or DT)

so while I agree with you (as I've said here many times).... tackling and positioning ate far more important than size... it's easy to understand why someone sees the size and automatically pigeon-holes them into a position...

as for Jackson Jeffcoat (my nominee for best name in the CFL)... I don't really care what his size is... he's been a rush end his entire career, so to me he's a rush end, really no reason to speculate other wise...

I don't know why people think just because someone is "x" height and "y" weight, they're suddenly capable of playing a different position that requires an entirely different skill set and responsibility level.

It confuses me, because it seems like people only do this with defensive players as if that makes it make more sense.

Let's try it with some other examples.

"If Chris Normand could put on 10 pounds, he's pretty fast, he could probably play DE!"

"Ian Wild is the same size as Andrew Harris, just a little taller, maybe he could play RB as a backup"

"Addison Richards has all the measurables, maybe he'd make a good receiver!"

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't know why people think just because someone is "x" height and "y" weight, they're suddenly capable of playing a different position that requires an entirely different skill set and responsibility level.

It confuses me, because it seems like people only do this with defensive players as if that makes it make more sense.

Let's try it with some other examples.

"If Chris Normand could put on 10 pounds, he's pretty fast, he could probably play DE!"

"Ian Wild is the same size as Andrew Harris, just a little taller, maybe he could play RB as a backup"

"Addison Richards has all the measurables, maybe he'd make a good receiver!"

Chris Jones disagrees with this post.  ;)

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I think that in football, unlike most other sports, positions are almost defined by size... if you gave me a list of 5 random football players and just told me their size, I could probably guess their position (or one of 2 positions: like a guys who's 6'3, 260 is likely a rush end while a guy who's 6'5, 310 could be an OG or DT)

so while I agree with you (as I've said here many times).... tackling and positioning ate far more important than size... it's easy to understand why someone sees the size and automatically pigeon-holes them into a position...

as for Jackson Jeffcoat (my nominee for best name in the CFL)... I don't really care what his size is... he's been a rush end his entire career, so to me he's a rush end, really no reason to speculate other wise...

Good old Aardvark, he'd get so wound up in the offseason when we'd sign/draft a bunch of Olinemen who were 6'7" and 325 pounds.  "We'll have the best Oline in the league!" he would insist.  And of course they'd be a mixed bag of semi-competent and semi-garbage, but never good.

All things equal, being a little taller and a little heavier can sometimes be an advantage.  Problem is that almost never are all other things equal.

13 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

For those complaining that Bass was too small to play MLB because he's only about 220 lbs. He's the same size as Elimimian. I have a hard time believing that you would make the same argument about Elimimian if he played for the Bombers. 

Oh you under estimate Bomber fans abilities to ***** about irrelevant things if a guy makes a mistake on the field.