Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't know why people think just because someone is "x" height and "y" weight, they're suddenly capable of playing a different position that requires an entirely different skill set and responsibility level.

It confuses me, because it seems like people only do this with defensive players as if that makes it make more sense.

Let's try it with some other examples.

"If Chris Normand could put on 10 pounds, he's pretty fast, he could probably play DE!"

"Ian Wild is the same size as Andrew Harris, just a little taller, maybe he could play RB as a backup"

"Addison Richards has all the measurables, maybe he'd make a good receiver!"

In this case it might have to do with him spending as much time if not more coming out of lber as de...

It doesnt happen as much on offense because on offense guys slide around through out the game. 

The only thing I don't really understand about the WIL spot, is why keep wild over bass? 

Dont get me wrong I don't mind wild but it seems he has missed some what considerable playing time over the last while and bass was, I would say, playing at a very high level

48 minutes ago, CodyT said:

The only thing I don't really understand about the WIL spot, is why keep wild over bass? 

Dont get me wrong I don't mind wild but it seems he has missed some what considerable playing time over the last while and bass was, I would say, playing at a very high level

I've wondered that myself and while I've posted this vid in the past for other reasons,  Wild's hit on Price I think made O'shea a super fan. The smile on his face after the hit says it all

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I've wondered that myself and while I've posted this vid in the past for other reasons,  Wild's hit on Price I think made O'shea a super fan. The smile on his face after the hit says it all

Ya, without question it was this moment, solely, that cost Bass his job. MOS saw this and said "ZOMG JORB FOR LIFE!!11!"

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya, without question it was this moment, solely, that cost Bass his job. MOS saw this and said "ZOMG JORB FOR LIFE!!11!"

lol you know it. I'm not trying to say  it was that moment exactly,  but I think moments like that stand out for a coach, IE: playing whistle to whistle even with the game done and season over. I do believe Osh views Wild as the better WIL and tried Bass out in the middle last year just to make use out of the asset, but it wasn't good enough 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

35 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

lol you know it. I'm not trying to say  it was that moment exactly,  but I think moments like that stand out for a coach, IE: playing whistle to whistle even with the game done and season over. I do believe Osh views Wild as the better WIL and tried Bass out in the middle last year just to make use out of the asset, but it wasn't good enough 

I think there's a ton of stuff that goes on at practice, in the locker room...even stuff that shows up on game film that we don't see, which contributes to the guy coaches want to keep around. I agree that Bass is younger and likely healthier, and all things being equal, he seems like the logical choice. Having said that, there's clearly a lot more to it...a lot more going on....that made the coaches/management decide to keep Wild.

It’s easy to be a Wild fan, says O’Shea, who calls Wild the complete pros pro.

“He has always been professional, he looks after himself tremendously well.  His daily habits allow him to do what he’s able to do on the football field  If you’re a young guy in that locker room, all you have to do is look at him and figure out what you need to be doing.   He’s a guy that you need, you have to have in your organization” said O’Shea.

http://www.cjob.com/2016/08/09/oshea-wild-about-wild/

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

it was probably the worst schemed defense I ever saw. Great athletic plays caused turnovers. We can't expect that to happen again.

I have real mixed feelings about Hall's return. He is a veteran defensive coach who has been tot the Grey Cup, and ought to know his stuff, but some of his defensive adjustments (or lack thereof) caused me to scratch my head. But it is not much of a surprise and it confirms the suspicions of many that O'Shea is utterly loyal- even to a fault. Maybe a better pass rush which was noticeably absent for much of last season will make things better for Hall's defence. Now all we need is a good MLB to emerge from the pack. It might be Smith.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Walters and O'Shea did a hour on H and L yesterday. They asked who  they brought in last year that was on PR will step up this year. Said that Nick Temple will be a household name by the end of the year. Also mentioned Kieran Duncan in the same light.

Scouting report says that Temple is 5'10 and has played OLB and some DB...  

He'll be replacing Burnett...  not our MLB solution

J.C. Sherrit is  5 foot 9.

size don't matter.

Edited by Mark F

44 minutes ago, Mark F said:

J.C. Sherrit is  5 foot 9.

size don't matter.

My wife says the same thing