Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Any hope the other Kelowna lad on our roster, Jesse Briggs, gets a look this year at LB on any plays?  I know his old coach here in Kelowna and he says Briggs is really under-rated.

Hes a real good teams guy. But with our NI depth on D and lber depth he is in tough. Id rather see him get reps at lber then hurl thats for sure. 

57 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

its a real nice pick up. Lber and sts are gonna be good this year, really really good.

“It’s a wonderful turn of events and pretty good fortune to go from being released to now signing with the team that I’ve wanted to play for since I started playing football,” began Miles in an interview with bluebombers.com.

“I was a little later in getting into the game and as soon as I gave up the dream of playing in the NHL, the Bombers and playing in the CFL became my goal. My entire family has Bomber season tickets and my grandma held them for over 40-50 years before she passed away five years ago. The rest of the family has tickets but they are up in the nosebleeds. They may be looking at upgrades now.”

“So I can say Bomber blood runs in our family. It’s perfect, really, to be coming home.”

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/03/04/thomas-miles-back-home/

The Miles signing means more homegrown Canadian talent. He won't make any big splashes in terms of a typical "big" free agency signing...but every team needs a core of dependable, hard-nosed players willing to run through walls for their team. I really like the methodology we're currently using for upgrading our roster this year.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

the sticking point with that is the returner. If mcduffie isnt brought back, and if fogg continues to be used more as a DB we have a spot to fill there before we have the best teams in the league. 

If nothing else... I'd be okay with entertaining the idea of Dressler returning kicks - didn't he used to do that all the time when he was with the Riders?

11 hours ago, Stickem said:

Excellent signing....Keep adding those talented local guys Walters and it just lights up IGF all the more...Special teams are going to be a FORCE...and O'Shea must be elated at seeing the talent he has to work with...We are going to be crazy good in that dept.

now if we could just find a reliable kicker...:D

On 3/4/2017 at 4:17 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

Waggonner, Briggs, Hurl, Gauthier & Miles as your 5 NAT LB on the the 44-man roster. Me likey.

Bring Steele and I think our only problem will be the NAT receiver.

It's interesting that the Bombers list Waggoner as a DB... but he shows up as a LB on the depth chart.... I've always wanted to see him at Safety... I wonder who they have as Loffler's back up this year... maybe Waggoner, or maybe Brendan Morgan...

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

It's interesting that the Bombers list Waggoner as a DB... but he shows up as a LB on the depth chart.... I've always wanted to see him at Safety... I wonder who they have as Loffler's back up this year... maybe Waggoner, or maybe Brendan Morgan...

I'd take Derek Jones over either of those guys at S