Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

Foucault is almost guaranteed an upgrade at RT... and probably a ratio changing RT in CFL for ten years. 

As for Ruby, I'm more looking at him as a game ready backup if Hardrick goes down - guys still young, could be a gamechanger too.

Is Foucault that good?  Can't say I really paid much attention to him while with the Panthers.  He started, but it was as an injury replacement and then he got released so I'm not sure that means much.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I wouldn't even trade 15 for Ruby. He sucks.

Yeah. Sure thing.  

Ruby started what 15-16 games last year at LT on a team with no receivers...  Sweet asked way too much from him.

I'd take him as backup RT and give him a shot protecting a QB not named Rakeem Cato.  He'll be a starter at RT in this league in a year or two imo.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah. Sure thing.  

Ruby started what 15-16 games last year at LT on a team with no receivers...  Sweet asked way too much from him.

I'd take him as backup RT and give him a shot protecting a QB not named Rakeem Cato.  He'll be a starter at RT in this league in a year or two imo.

I'm not advocating for or against Jacob Ruby.... but starter does not necessarily equal quality player...

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah. Sure thing.  

You suggested giving up our 6th for him. For a potential RT, who may become a starter in a year or two?

I'm not sure, I wouldn't give up the 15 for him but probably not the 6.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

You suggested giving up our 6th for him. For a potential RT, who may become a starter in a year or two?

I'm not sure, I wouldn't give up the 15 for him but probably not the 6.

Tackle is not a plug-and-play position - I'd feel a lot better having Ruby as our backup RT if Hardrick goes down

I'd almost guarantee that Hardrick would get eaten alive at LT...  don't judge Ruby because he played the hardest position on the OL in his first full season.

Our 6th pick is still not a sure thing - lots of the top players have NFL dreams... 24 is still young for an OL - he started off strong but just got overwhelmed by the end of last season imo.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Tackle is not a plug-and-play position - I'd feel a lot better having Ruby as our backup RT if Hardrick goes down

I'd almost guarantee that Hardrick would get eaten alive at LT...  don't judge Ruby because he played the hardest position on the OL in his first full season.

Our 6th pick is still not a sure thing - lots of the top players have NFL dreams... 24 is still young for an OL - he started off strong but just got overwhelmed by the end of last season imo.

I actually tend to agree..... lots of rookie OL get eaten up.  Like you said, Ruby is young and has a year of experience.... almost certainly a better player right now than anyone we could get at #6.  But would MTL move him for #6?  That I'm not sure about.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I actually tend to agree..... lots of rookie OL get eaten up.  Like you said, Ruby is young and has a year of experience.... almost certainly a better player right now than anyone we could get at #6.  But would MTL move him for #6?  That I'm not sure about.

It looks like Kavis is going import tackles and national LB... and OL is still a deep position for them.  If a Mulumba or Boateng is still there, I think they'd do it.  

To me, Ruby or Foucault are an instant and significant upgrade vs Neufeld...

48 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd feel more comfortable with Manase Foketi, if Hardrick goes down........

Edited by Noeller

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd feel more comfortable with Manase Foketi, if Hardrick goes down........

Based on what....?  I'm interested in your opinion but I'd like to see something that backs it up - I don't know much about Foketi.

What sets him apart from Ruby or Foucault?  His NCAA experience?  The fact that he's American?  Or the three CFL games that he's dressed for?

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Based on what....?  I'm interested in your opinion but I'd like to see something that backs it up - I don't know much about Foketi.

What sets him apart from Ruby or Foucault?  His NCAA experience?  The fact that he's American?  Or the three CFL games that he's dressed for?

the fact that he played well when he got into games for us. We know he can handle backing up at the RT spot. I mean **** if we're going on young guy plays tackle so he must be good what ever happened to Skinny Dan Gyetvai? He got thrust into a starting LT spot, didn't mean he suddenly developed into a star. The ratio for the Bombers works having 3 americans on the OL so why make moves to get magic beans? If we're getting prospects we can do that in the draft just as well as making trades, in the mean time let's not **** around. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The fact that Foketi played well when called upon.....unlike Ruby who was turnstiled badly all last year. Foucault we know nothing about.

Ruby wasn't turnstyled against Westerman...  I thought he had a decent game considering the difference in experience.

Foketi was serviceable, I agree - but I'll always take an national over an import.  A full season at LT still far outweighs Foketi.

On 17/03/2017 at 1:21 PM, Atomic said:

haven't heard anything about it for a while, but wasn't montreal pretty far over the SMS to the point they lose their first rounder? Considering they had already traded their 1st for Adams to BC, I believe it was mentioned they would then lose their 2018 first instead. I'm curious if they acquired a 2017 first (such as our 6th over all via trade) if it's not immediately forfeited instead of looking at 2018.  

On 3/17/2017 at 2:50 PM, Floyd said:

Ruby wasn't turnstyled against Westerman...  I thought he had a decent game considering the difference in experience.

Foketi was serviceable, I agree - but I'll always take an national over an import.  A full season at LT still far outweighs Foketi.

no one was turnstyled vs westerman last year sadily. 

When it comes to ol ill take quality over all. You can have almost no statistical production from a NI wr (we have seen it first hand) You can have a back up level Dt gap cancel. You cant have an OL play like nuefie did last year. Allways take a ni over an imp? what imps wouldnt you take over neufie?

On 2017-03-19 at 8:57 PM, wbbfan said:

no one was turnstyled vs westerman last year sadily. 

When it comes to ol ill take quality over all. You can have almost no statistical production from a NI wr (we have seen it first hand) You can have a back up level Dt gap cancel. You cant have an OL play like nuefie did last year. Allways take a ni over an imp? what imps wouldnt you take over neufie?

Definitely not defending Neufeld... my whole argument is that I'd replace him with Ruby or Foucault in a heartbeat  

then maybe one of them beats out Hardrick in TC...  not handing a starting job to anyone.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:32 PM, Rich said:

Cleaned up a few posts in this thread ... its Friday.  Lets all take a big breath and be happy.

I'll try, but a colleague of mine just randomly emailed our leadership team with this:

Since 1991 the Grey Cup has been awarded 26 times, the following teams have won the Grey Cup:

Calgary – 5 times

Toronto – 5 times

BC – 4 times

Edmonton – 4 times

Montreal – 3 times

Saskatchewan – 2 times

Hamilton – 1 time

Baltimore – 1 time

Ottawa – 1 time

Wait for it…..

Winnipeg – 0, yes ZERO times…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm……. Just saying….

If any of my fellow diehard Blue Bomber fans have a snappy comeback that I can use in reply I'd appreciate it. He's an Eskiblow fan as well.

All I've replied thus far is he smells.