Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'll try, but a colleague of mine just randomly emailed our leadership team with this:

Since 1991 the Grey Cup has been awarded 26 times, the following teams have won the Grey Cup:

Calgary – 5 times

Toronto – 5 times

BC – 4 times

Edmonton – 4 times

Montreal – 3 times

Saskatchewan – 2 times

Hamilton – 1 time

Baltimore – 1 time

Ottawa – 1 time

Wait for it…..

Winnipeg – 0, yes ZERO times…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm……. Just saying….

If any of my fellow diehard Blue Bomber fans have a snappy comeback that I can use in reply I'd appreciate it. He's an Eskiblow fan as well.

All I've replied thus far is he smells. 

While flipping his desk over or slashing his tires sound like fun if you really want to mess him up file a Harassment complaint with HR. How can sending that out be anything but an attack on your for being a Bomber fan? Can't possibly have anything to do with actual work can it?

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

While flipping his desk over or slashing his tires sound like fun if you really want to mess him up file a Harassment complaint with HR. How can sending that out be anything but an attack on your for being a Bomber fan? Can't possibly have anything to do with actual work can it?

Just stop at "fun" and enjoy life.

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

This is where I'd go with it, personally... 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'll try, but a colleague of mine just randomly emailed our leadership team with this:

Since 1991 the Grey Cup has been awarded 26 times, the following teams have won the Grey Cup:

Calgary – 5 times

Toronto – 5 times

BC – 4 times

Edmonton – 4 times

Montreal – 3 times

Saskatchewan – 2 times

Hamilton – 1 time

Baltimore – 1 time

Ottawa – 1 time

Wait for it…..

If any of my fellow diehard Blue Bomber fans have a snappy comeback that I can use in reply I'd appreciate it. He's an Eskiblow fan as well.

Take note that the email started with the 91'Cup and negated the year previous...  One of the worst beatings in any Grey Cup game was suffered by the Esks. in 90'.....WINNIPEG 50...Edmonton 11...Email that back to this loser..LOL

It's not a comeback, just something interesting to note.  Since that last win in 1990, both Toronto and Winnipeg have been to the Grey Cup 5 times.  Toronto is 5-0.  Winnipeg is 0-5.

Toronto isn't a significantly better football program over that time period but they have hit a grand slam off the crossbar every time they're at the free throw line from the hack.

On 2017-03-24 at 5:40 PM, mbrg said:

It's not a comeback, just something interesting to note.  Since that last win in 1990, both Toronto and Winnipeg have been to the Grey Cup 5 times.  Toronto is 5-0.  Winnipeg is 0-5.

Toronto isn't a significantly better football program over that time period but they have hit a grand slam off the crossbar every time they're at the free throw line from the hack.

Indeed. 5 Grey Cups for the boatmen seems bloody unlikely - but true 

On 2017-03-24 at 2:19 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Calgary – 5 times

Toronto – 5 times

BC – 4 times

Edmonton – 4 times

Montreal – 3 times

Saskatchewan – 2 times

Hamilton – 1 time

Baltimore – 1 time

Ottawa – 1 time

Wait for it…..

Let me know if he is planning to go on a cruise. I know some pirates..        ... from Saskatchewan...            ...Just make sure he brings a lot of bling on the boat. It will be cheaper for me.

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Quarterback/safety...  interesting

Just to be clear to those who didn't read the link, the article says he hasn't played any defence since high school but did some safety drills at his pro day.  The athleticism is intriguing, his passing stats are so-so.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Calgary – 5 times

Toronto – 5 times

BC – 4 times

Edmonton – 4 times

Montreal – 3 times

Saskatchewan – 2 times

Hamilton – 1 time

Baltimore – 1 time

Ottawa – 1 time

Wait for it…..

Quality not quantity....

**shaky hand gripping a bottle**

A bit surprised, this roster just looks 'okay'

Need more competition at MLB...  Not thrilled about our backup receivers - Mayo was better than any of those guys

Was signing Corvey Irvin and Sam Hurl really worth letting Bass walk...

Big questions this year...

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I dunno, on paper, that looks like a pretty solid team. We'll see how the MACK spot shakes down in camp, and what NI Rec ends up being in July, but that looks pretty good to me, for April... 

Compared to the last ten years, I agree...  to compete for GC, I'm not sure

Secondary looks great, receivers are solid but nothing flashy

Not totally sold on Thomas/Tennant rotating at NT... Need Butcher to step up

If Harris gets injured, this team is in a bit of a bind.  Not sure that we're ready to go with a 'futures' pick...