Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Kind of, I just went to save your picture and his name is in the file.

However, I did this a long time ago. I've seen pictures of Feynman but always younger and always black and white. I didn't recognize him in your pic.

Ssssoooo disappointed.

story-banner.jpg

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

Kind of, I just went to save your picture and his name is in the file.

However, I did this a long time ago. I've seen pictures of Feynman but always younger and always black and white. I didn't recognize him in your pic.

I didn't recognize him because he's not killing the bongo drums in the pic.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Richard Feynman was an American theoretical physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as in particle physics for which he proposed the parton model. For his contributions to the development of quantum electrodynamics, Feynman, jointly with Julian Schwinger and Sin'ichirō Tomonaga, received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965.

I thought it was Scott Bakula with longer hair. He was also a physicist.

One day I'm watching random science videos on YouTube (as one does) when all of a sudden a suggested video popped up with Atomic's face on it. "WTF", I exclaimed. Intrigued, I sat and watched a one hour documentary called 'The Fantastic Mr Feynman' and learned a lot about a very interesting and intelligent man (Feynman, not Atomic :P). It's definitely worth watching. 

Edited by MOBomberFan

11 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm not convinced that Addison Richards isn't still in their plans.

We, as fans may see him as a guy with potential, who isn't worth keeping around due to injury issues. But I think that the Big 3 must have something else on their minds than hoping he recovers and hoping he can perform.

I watched him in a practice last year shortly after Darvin Adams went down. For much of the day he was given first team scrimmages because Rory K was taking a knee, and Richards did not look out of place. Call me an optimist, but I don't see Walters/O'shea as the types who hang onto a guy like him without seeing big potential. They also have the knowledge of knowing what exactly his injuries are.....something the fans can only speculate upon.

Cue the Jade Etienne Comeback at age 27.  Sheppard better be ready to give the #88 jersey back.  

11 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

Cue the Jade Etienne Comeback at age 27.  Sheppard better be ready to give the #88 jersey back.  

Etienne might have grown into an adult body finally who knows. Richards has the physical tools, with his healthy and preparedness though who knows. Im not holding my breath on him by any means. I do hope we get a wr with one of our top 3 picks. Ideally top 2. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I think we'll draft a receiver in the first or second round  and he will go head to head with Richards for the last NI receiver spot this year. If newbie wins it, then Richards will either have another injury or will be among the last cuts.

That would imply that Richards is behind Coates, both on the depth chart and talent.  I suspect neither is the case, but the sample size isn't much to draw from.

Despite the resentment that has built up among some, Richards has been unlucky, not lousy.

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

That would imply that Richards is behind Coates, both on the depth chart and talent.  I suspect neither is the case, but the sample size isn't much to draw from.

Despite the resentment that has built up among some, Richards has been unlucky, not lousy.

That's exactly what I was saying. Richards has been unlucky for sure and lousy when he's been given chances.

Not sure I'm sold on a receiver even with our second first round pick...

Coates basically has as much chance to succeed as Richards - a high 2nd round pick...  look at receiver prospects all around the league - either moved on from their draft team - Bailey, Chambers... - or plateaued much lower than anticipated - Ianuzzi, Giguere...

I'd take a chance on Carter or Picton in the 3rd round...  keep building depth at OL, DT and S with the first three picks - would even be tempted to go Woodson/Wright at #6

21 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

That's exactly what I was saying. Richards has been unlucky for sure and lousy when he's been given chances.

sooooo... then its not exactly what you were saying then??

(you know, as "and" and "not" are just a weeeee bit different..)