Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

WINNIPEG, MB., April 26, 2017 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added International receiver Stephen Burton, International defensive back Roc Carmichael, and International running back Lache Seastrunk.

Burton (6-1, 225, West Texas A&M, December 11, 1989 in Lakewood, CA)  has played 19 career games over three NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars. He was selected in the seventh round (236th) by the Vikings in the 2011 draft and played three games in 2011 and 12 games in 2012. He played three games for the Jaguars during the 2013 season. In 19 career NFL games, he has 15 catches for 149 yards and one touchdown. Burton was also briefly with the Calgary Stampeders. 

Carmichael (5-10, 195, Virginia Tech, September 9, 1988 in Laurinburg, NC) is a veteran of 19 career NFL games with Philadelphia and Houston, including two starts in 2013 with the Eagles. He recorded 25 tackles during his time in the NFL. Carmichael also spent time with the Arizona Cardinals in 2015. He was selected in the fourth round (127th) by the Houston Texans in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Seastrunk (5-10, 210, Baylor, July 29, 1991 in Temple, TX) was selected in the sixth round (186th overall) by the Washington Redskins in the 2014 NFL draft. He has been on the practice roster for the Carolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans and he attended training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in 2015. Seastrunk played two seasons (2012-13) at Baylor and eclipsed the 1,000-yard in rushing both years. He earned All-Big 12 First-Team honours in 2013 after rushing for 1,177 yards and scoring 11 touchdowns. Seastrunk also spent time with Saskatchewan and Calgary on their practice rosters.

The club has also released International linebacker Jeremy Grable.

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Burton are Carmichael are both interesting signings. Burton is a big dude who can run. I recognize him b/c I had Madden 2011 and did a franchise mode with the Vikes.

emphasis on BIG. He gavin walls esq in size and shape. Guys that well built who can run like him and are over 6'0 are pretty rare. Cant wait to see him in camp. He has real good hands too. 

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

Scott Mitchell (the Sun reporter) was talking up Lache Seastrunk like crazy last year for the Stamps.  Obviously didn't work out though.

Thats a tough spot to crack though. There was talk of him jumping up to the first round of the nfl draft if he ran the 40 well. He didnt, he ran a 4.50 40. But his clear break away speed, and quick acceleration in game tends to make that look like a bad run or a guy who isnt track fast. His 41.5" vert, and  11'1" broad jump ( yes 11 feet!) combined with the fact he went from 4.51 at the combine to 4.46 at his pro day make it a a certainty. His broad jump is nearly double his height. His vert is elite level for the NBA combine. 15 reps 25lbs above your body weight is pretty impressive too. 

Hes compact, 5'9 200lbs never seemed to get taken down by first contact. Seldom tackles from behind. If you were going to design a perfect back for the cfl, he might be what you come out with. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2014-pro-days-baylors-seastrunk-improves-combine-times/

First play he hurts his leg, missed his only 2 games in college career. Still ran 76 yards for the score. I really would like to see him get some reps returning kicks and punts. He was the heavy feature back and didnt get as much versatile use as would be ideal, But he really seems to have the skill set for it. 

7 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Carr, Smith and Chisum are the ones that catch my attention initially.

Viewed as not quite good enough....Some of them will probably get a look in riderland after their 20 or so scouts give them the once over....Was hearing good things about Chisum...a little surprised..

I honestly thought Campbell was going to be a good one and I really wanted the Fresh Prince to star for us, but other than that, I don't really think any of this surprises me. Chisum isn't a shocker, he doesn't seem like he's got a build for pro ball to be honest. Too slim.

The games I saw Will smith play in, I thought he had something....maybe just not a good fit. Or maybe (most likely) I'm just a poor judge of talent. So much for my scouting career..

And Tenant? Does that mean the Butcher is up and coming? Who is the next QB they bring in?