CFL Free Agents/Coaches

Mr Dee

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

we basically signed Euclid Cummings because he had 8 sacks...

I think a rotation of Thomas/Shologan/Westerman/Butcher would be a pretty good interior.

Yup... I' like... 

Shologan/Tomas/Westerman/Butcher - inside 

Westerman/Corney/Hunt - outside 

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Some decent talent out there this year...  I wonder if the blue *want* Bass or McDuffie back?

No idea about Bass, but regardless of what Winnipeg wants McDuffie might want to test FA - he's shown he is a legit bust-it return threat some team will sign for that skill alone. Would love to see him in Blue & Gold again. Because as much as Kevin Fogg was excellent as a rookie DB-return man, #14 was more dangerous on returns.

8 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

No idea about Bass, but regardless of what Winnipeg wants McDuffie might want to test FA - he's shown he is a legit bust-it return threat some team will sign for that skill alone. Would love to see him in Blue & Gold again. Because as much as Kevin Fogg was excellent as a rookie DB-return man, #14 was more dangerous on returns.

Kickoffs yes...on punts McDuffie was more of a danger to the Bombers and cost a ton of field position with struggles to come up and catch the ball in the air.

Think it's hard to find him a real role and spot on the field offensively too.  Would rather have an import back so Harris doesn't get exhausted over 18 games.

McDuffie is 'that guy' who can fill in at receiver or back that every team needs, just have to use him properly.

All 3 linebackers, Wild, Bass & Legget are WIL type backers. None can shed blocks to play the middle or are fast enough to pass cover. I'd keep Wild to play WIL and bring in heavy competition at the other 2 spots.

5 hours ago, nate007 said:

Add in Mulumba down the road and we could start four Canadians on the DL!

Is that a pie in the sky, or a flying saucer? Either way, they are about as realistic as the scenario above.

Its a bird, its a plane, its a good NI WR in blue!!

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Leggett isn't fast enough???

never mind the bollocks. He was easily the best in his position last year. By a huge margin too. Not to mention tony burnett was a track star at USC and showed incredible wheels in his time, especially on teams. He lacks the natural LB instincts, and considerable polish but the last thing he lacks is any of the physical abilities to play any lber position. 

I question how much of our front 7 struggles are personnel and how much is the system. Id look long and hard for an upgrade for bass. But still love to have bass back in camp. Wild was a lot better pre injury. Im sure we will bring about 20 Lbers to camp any way.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:08 AM, Atomic said:

Well tell us the rest of the story then

Premier DT outside of QB sacks would include: gap excellent, doesn't cheat, disciplined in playing the system, runstop master, constantly double teamed opening up other lanes, great at stunts, great fitness, leader in pass knock downs, forces/recovers fumbles, can play any where on the line, has mastered many DT moves, difficult to block, coachable, team first attitude, great community member etc

16 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

There's tons of good receivers available this year, but with Dress, Smith and Adams already under contract I don't see us being a major player for any of them.

You forgot recently signed Stafford and Gurley may return...We have a good handle on the receiving dept.