Guns N' Roses Play IGF Aug 24th

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Atomic said:

GNR is notorious for hitting the stage late.

Im not so sure on this tour.  I havent looked though.

I saw GnR play way back at the use Your Illusion tour.  And then when Axl came a few years ago with the Pussycat Dolls (I think that was it) and Sebastien Bach.  He came on really late.  They had three opening acts I think.

But the next time he came, which was a better concert, he was out on time.

Supposedly IGF has been told 8:34 because they want to be on right at dusk.  I think we're going to head down around 7:30.  I'd like time to wander around a bit beforehand.

My buddy went down to the States when the G'n'R reunion tour kicked off and they were on stage on time.   Also he said the show was amazing and that the skinnier old Axl sounded way more like the mid 90's Axl then the one from after Slash left.    He didn't get winded and could hit the high notes without cracking his voice.  

20 hours ago, Atomic said:

GNR is notorious for hitting the stage late.

It's not 1991 anymore.... all accounts indicate they have been acting like a professional band this entire tour...

I will be in attendance and I look forward to a great, nostalgic show!... Also, OLP is a solid opening band... Ideally they stick to a mostly Naveed/Clumsy set list and it should be a solid show from beginning to end....

OLP and GNR aren't very associated in so many ways, it's a bit of a head scratcher why they are the openers. TBH With Jericho in town he should have brought Fozzy and opened that makes a lot more sense then a 90's alt rock band.

Speaking of Jericho I've been seeing lots of stuff of him on FB today; there was a pic of him, G'n'R bassist Duff McKagan and comedian Craig Gass hitting up some spots in Wpg. As well as Jericho jumping on stage at the Cavern with Winnipeg band Bright Righteous to perform AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long which would be pretty cool for both the band and the fans in attendance

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Was just down at IGF to get some merch.  Probably 60+ people in the merch tent.  Sound check going on.  Funny, I bought a lithograph and the woman working the table said "you might want to put that under the seat so you dont spill beer on it".  My car seat?  Cause I aint staying all day. lol

Getting warm out.  Should be beautiful night.