December 8th Is Not A Great Day.

SpeedFlex27

John Lennon was shot dead in New York City thirty six years ago today in 1980. As well, John Glenn who in 1962, was the fist American astronaut in space who later became the oldest Astronaut to orbit Earth in space on the Space Shuttle at 77 years of age died today. Just to make it a Grand Slam kind of a day, Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer also passed away today. John Lennon was 40 years of age. John Glenn was 95. Greg Lake was 68.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2016 at 9:47 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

John Lennon was shot dead in New York City thirty six years ago today in 1980. As well, John Glenn who in 1962, was the fist American astronaut in space who later became the oldest Astronaut to orbit Earth in space on the Space Shuttle at 77 years of age died today. Just to make it a Grand Slam kind of a day, Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer also passed away today. John Lennon was 40 years of age. John Glenn was 95. Greg Lake was 68.

Sorry to start up a month old thread again... but since you mentioned a couple prominent musicians killed/died on Dec 8... I'll assume you're not a metal fan... otherwise you would've included legendary Pantera/Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell (Abbott) who was also shot and killed by a crazed fan on Dec 8, 2004... he was only 38 years old... 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Sorry to start up a month old thread again... but since you mentioned a couple prominent musicians killed/died on Dec 8... I'll assume you're not a metal fan... otherwise you would've included legendary Pantera/Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell (Abbott) who was also shot and killed by a crazed fan on Dec 8, 2004... he was only 38 years old... 

I remember that.