Random Death Notice 2017

Rich

Saw that Chuck Berry had died. Such a R & R pioneer. Influenced many great musical artists after him. Thing is though, while it's sad, he was 90. That' s a helluva long life that most of us will never reach in age chronologically. So for me , it's really hard to feel really a lot of sadness about it. At 90, this should be more about a celebration of Berry's life  & not that he's left us. Now someone like Bill Paxton at 61, still was vibrant. Still had his career going for him who died unexpectedly. That was tragic as he was much too young.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

23 hours ago, iHeart said:

Apparently from what I heard that Rockefeller's were responsible billionaires

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-people-rockefeller-idUKKBN16R1SW?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=Social

The second and third generations have been philanthropists but John D. Rockefeller was the original "robber baron" and much hated in his time for his business practices.  

• 2 weeks later...

You just can't do his kind of humour anymore.  Too many people would be offended.   And yes, I realize this is Jim Carrey impersonating Don Rickles.  I just found it funny, more because this kind of routine is probably exactly what Don Rickles would have done at the United Nations.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Funny you should mention the offensive end of it......Rickles did a thing in 2014 at Kennedy Center Honours and made a joke, saying "...I kid about the blacks...President Obama is a close personal friend of mine...he was over at the house the other day, but then the mop broke..." And man, did people **** a brick....

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Funny you should mention the offensive end of it......Rickles did a thing in 2014 at Kennedy Center Honours and made a joke, saying "...I kid about the blacks...President Obama is a close personal friend of mine...he was over at the house the other day, but then the mop broke..." And man, did people **** a brick....

ha ha that's a Don Rickles classic, I think every African-American that was ever on a roast with him was subjected to that same joke.  Sammy Davis Jr. probably a couple of times...