Random Death Notice 2017

Rich

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Chris Cornell dead at 52. This one gets me right in the feels :( prob one of my fav artists of all time

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/18/chris-cornell-former-soundgarden-singer-dies-aged-52

I couldn't agree more... this one hit hard... my jaw literally dropped when I heard about it an hour or so ago... what a fantastic talent... I was a huge fan of pretty much everything he did from Temple to Soundgarden to Audioslave and of course his solo stuff... will be very curious to find out the cause of death...

This is still one of my favourite covers of all time... gives me chills every time I hear it...

BREAKING: I want to preface this news (I just heard it on the radio) by saying it is UNVERIFIED... but police in Detroit are investigating Cornell's death as a possible suicide... again, this is very preliminary and also not 100% verified...

Id find suicide hard to believe, theres a few videos of him literally even now playing a few hours ago at the fox. I know its not my place to judge a persons mental health level, I just dont know what could poissibly push someone that far in that time frame.  Only thing I can think of would be a drug enduced mental break down, but cornell was never really infamous for drug use

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Id find suicide hard to believe, theres a few videos of him literally even now playing a few hours ago at the fox. I know its not my place to judge a persons mental health level, I just dont know what could poissibly push someone that far in that time frame.  Only thing I can think of would be a drug enduced mental break down, but cornell was never really infamous for drug use

To be fair... a lot, if not most, of people suffer in silence... he could seem happy and energetic one moment and distraught the next (this is of course hypothetical, I'm not claiming to know his personality)...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

To be fair... a lot, if not most, of people suffer in silence... he could seem happy and energetic one moment and distraught the next (this is of course hypothetical, I'm not claiming to know his personality)...

Very true, the more i read articles on it,  sounds like it very well could be the case.  Especially when reading his wife called a family friend to check on him. Makes it appear she was genuinely concerned about his well being, so there must have been something leading up to that.

Woody says Cornell died at the MGM Grand Detroit hotel. He says Cornell's wife called a family friend and asked him to check on Cornell. Woody says the friend forced open a hotel room door and found Cornell on the bathroom floor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/chris-cornells-death-investigated-possible-suicide/

Detroit coroner just confirmed he died via suicide.  He hung himself.  

That hurts. 

Man, Layne. Kurt. Shannon. Chris. 

Someone make sure Eddie is OK. 

Seems appropriate 

And if you don't believe the sun will rise, stand alone and greet the coming night in the last remaining light. 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Detroit coroner just confirmed he died via suicide.  He hung himself.  

That hurts. 

Man, Layne. Kurt. Shannon. Chris. 

Someone make sure Eddie is OK. 

Seems appropriate 

And if you don't believe the sun will rise, stand alone and greet the coming night in the last remaining light. 

apparently twitter was having some sort of "Protect Eddie" trend going for a being that he/pearl jam are the last big band from that seattle grunge scene.  

Though not as big, The Melvins are going to be in winnipeg in late July I'm actually excited for.

Power 97 stole my facebook statuses I posted. this is what I wrote;

Still surreal Chris Cornell died. I woke up in the middle of the night only to see this news (4:30am ish) and kinda hoped going back to sleep would somehow change it... nope. I know many people have seen/heard this cover before, but still worth a listen to appreciate the talent he was.

with a link to Nothing Compares 2 U

and replied to a comment with this

Was definitely a part of the soundtrack to my life. I remember back in 1994 I found a superunknown shirt for sale at warehouseONE, I had to reach a deal with my mom to get that shirt by agreeing to try on skinny jeans lmao

like 5 hours later Power97 puts this out;

Whether it’s through Soundgarden, Audioslave, or his solo stuff, Chris Cornell has been the soundtrack (or at least a big portion of the soundtrack) to most of our lives.  He’s got plenty of hours of moving performances, but for my money his cover of Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2U’ is the one that you need to pay attention to.

http://www.power97.com/2017/05/18/watch-chris-cornells-last-performance/?sc_ref=facebook

now I wouldn't have thought nothing of those coincidences but they damn well used the word surreal as well in the comment above the link!

big brother is watching.....

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

You ever listen to core, or purple? STP was a grunge band that sometimes ventured off to more altish rock.

****** bummed about chris Cornell death. Don't understand it

Prescription pills can be helpful but can also be harmful.  Apparently he was on Adavan and suicidal thoughts are one of the side effects.  It is tragic.  People often try to think of suicide in logical terms like it's something that someone has to be planning forever but really all it takes is one really bad night alone in your head.  It is so sad.

Just now, bearpants said:

You don't recall the early STP albums where Weiland was basically doing his best Vedder impression??

I already said, I was very young when Grunge was at it's peak, I was 4 when Cobain killed himself, I didn't pay attention to current music til I was 7 or 8 or 9, and even I couldn't get into most of that stuff, I mean Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls piqued my interest, but I cared more about their music than their appearance something my mother couldn't understand

the stuff on Virgin 103 and most of the stuff on kiss 102.3 doesn't appeal to me, I mean back when 102.3 still played Lite music I was semi interested, but it's just not really my music

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Prescription pills can be helpful but can also be harmful.  Apparently he was on Adavan and suicidal thoughts are one of the side effects.  It is tragic.  People often try to think of suicide in logical terms like it's something that someone has to be planning forever but really all it takes is one really bad night alone in your head.  It is so sad.

There is definitely growing evidence that psychotropics can, and often, do more harm than good.

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

was STP even a grunge band?

STP's Core album I would say was grunge but they moved more towards Alt rock as the years went on. I would almost say the same with Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger and Louder than Love were big a part in why they were credited with being leaders in the grunge movement,  but superunknown and beyond they definitely went to a cleaner softer tone.

Grunge was basically a hybrid of Punk and Heavy Metal so it was aggressive, but kinda distorted in sound, or a perfect imperfection if you will. so bands like Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, weezer..etc I never really felt were all that grunge,  but definitely under the same umbrella for music genre.

Bands like Nirvana, Mudhoney, The Screaming Trees, Alice in Chains... those would be grunge.

all MO of course.  Those genre breakdowns like that dude who does the metal documentary are pretty good but open to interpretation