Walter's Priorities Part 2

BigBlue

4 hours ago, tracker said:

Even though some here worship at the feet of Khalil Bass, I do not think it will be difficult to replace him with someone better.

Careful what you wish for, Bass may not return and the next best candidate is Kyle "MR. ST" Knox.  I think expectations on the MLB position are a tad unrealistic in these parts.  Like Wild, Bass plays the game at a very high level and can not be accused of being a non-factor in any game the Bombers played this past season, he was literally all over the field.  He contributed a decent number of sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles and was 8th in the league in tackles as well as being a solid contributor on ST's.  Does he occasionally get steam-rolled in a "Hurlish" fashion?  Yes, as would any 220 lber trying to fight off a 300 lb. lineman intent on blotting out the sun.  Imo Bass does exceptionally well in the role he is given within Hall's D, which is a jack-of-all-trades, they may be able to find a better MLB in time,  but I wouldn't bet money on it happening quickly. 

I think Knox would be a very good middle linebacker. He certainly has the quickness for it and size.  Guy wasa beast on special teams.  Leggett Knox Wild who is a better outside linebacker than middle linebacker would probably be an upgrade. Bass is ok but like Wild he is better outside....and since Wild is signed and Bass isn't... I'm fine with letting bass go. 

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Wild or Bass - I'll pick Bass anytime. With all due respect to Wild. 

Wild and Bass are apples and oranges to an extent. Bass was playing MLB and Wild OLB- quite different. Despite being 8th in the league in tackles, Bass did not seem to make the key tackles or stop the opposing running backs at the line of scrimmage very often. Whether that was because the D-linelmen were not keeping the opposing O-linemen off him, is open to debate. Bass did very well at OLB, in my opinion, but I think Wild was better there.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Agree on this one but I'd be really shocked if Wally let's him walk.

Me too, although I don't necessarily know if he's going to have a choice. You'd think with Bighill gone, it's a natural fit but I feel like at this point, if it was going to be an easy signing, it would be done.

20 hours ago, Mike said:

Me too, although I don't necessarily know if he's going to have a choice. You'd think with Bighill gone, it's a natural fit but I feel like at this point, if it was going to be an easy signing, it would be done.

Wally plays hardball.  He won't let Lokombo walk... that deal is getting done.