Bored......

do or die

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I was amazed that many Riderfans are siding with Jones and trashing Durant???  They are now claiming that he has always been an average qb???

To be honest. It's not that what we currently have we think is better. We are just ready for change. I loved having Durant as a rider but even I think it was time to move on from him. 

55 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

To be honest. It's not that what we currently have we think is better. We are just ready for change. I loved having Durant as a rider but even I think it was time to move on from him. 

I remember feeling that exact way about Glenn after the '08 Bomber season. May it work out just as well for the Riders! 

3 hours ago, Kluchk said:

The problem is, you're moving on from the only qb that has managed to win anything for that team in ages with no plan on how to replace him. The arrogance from Jones is staggering and it's going to bite him in the ass... again! Last year should have been a giant example of why you don't think you're smarter than anyone but nope, Jones and apparently the fans are doubling down on it this year. 

Perhaps it was time to move on from Durant... but the problem with doing that is there is nobody behind him with any real experience.  CFL is a QB driven league.... you don't exactly need a stud superstar QB to win but you need a guy with experience for sure. 

You look at the bombers when we moved on from Glenn.... 

You look more recently at Montreal moving on from AC. 

It doesn't work if you don't have a guy with experience. Riders don't have a guy with experience... what they have is a hope and a prayer kind of like bomber fans had with Lefors Randall Brink Elliot etc and like Als fans had with Cato and the other 25 QBS that started since AC left

4 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Even Kavis Reed, Kavis Reed for gawd' sake, knows that you have to have a CFL-caliber starting QB. So, he went out and got one, right from under the noses of the team who had him. And now, the only team in the CFL without an experienced starting QB, is the team that let one walk.

That's just stupid.

So Jones, does one smart thing...like signing Jefferson, and gambles on  a starter. Looks like this year won't be much different for Rider fans. Jones's pattern of one-off, one-on, will continue. His GMing abilities will never match his coaching abilities.

Good on you.

14 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's already been punted once, but being a wily Riderfan he's managed to rearrange the spelling of his name around "klutz" to cleverly fool our admistrators.

Seems fair ball to have him punted again...The rider site doesn't hesitate when you get trolling of this kind...I think we should treat people like this the same way..a big no 10 up the arse and a not so subtle goodbye...I have no patience with this outright demeaning of our club on OUR site....This particular person does enough of it on his own rider site...Message to klunk...keep it over there.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Seems fair ball to have him punted again...The rider site doesn't hesitate when you get trolling of this kind...I think we should treat people like this the same way..a big no 10 up the arse and a not so subtle goodbye...I have no patience with this outright demeaning of our club on OUR site....This particular person does enough of it on his own rider site...Message to klunk...keep it over there.

Not necessarily, to a certain degree, disagreeing with you, but for me personally I wouldn't want to shut down good fan rivalry discussions/taunts/trash talking etc.

I don't care what the Rider Site does in how they administer their site. 

All I care about is we don't tolerate posts that are meant to truly hurt demean.

I was thinking the other day of starting a topic in the general discussion about what people here think about posting their real names. I think that would help diminish the absurd posts but I do recognize the risk about the crazies getting hold of our real names and doing their crazy things.  It would an interesting discussion to have though and read different perspectives in this.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Not necessarily, to a certain degree, disagreeing with you, but for me personally I wouldn't want to shut down good fan rivalry discussions/taunts/trash talking etc.

I don't care what the Rider Site does in how they administer their site. 

All I care about is we don't tolerate posts that are meant to truly hurt demean.

I was thinking the other day of starting a topic in the general discussion about what people here think about posting their real names. I think that would help diminish the absurd posts but I do recognize the risk about the crazies getting hold of our real names and doing their crazy things.  It would an interesting discussion to have though and read different perspectives on this.

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

Lol I can't have a simple conversation with rival fans without being called a troll? 

Get real man. I don't have to agree with everything you guys talk about. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy coming over here to see a different view of things. I don't think that deserves a ban. Lighten up champ. Little sensitive.

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

I was amazed that many Riderfans are siding with Jones and trashing Durant???  They are now claiming that he has always been an average qb???

they allllwaayysss do that. doesnt matter who it is. For a bit he was an elite qb. Last year he carried a pretty bad offense to being decent. (they have some good wrs, but a brutal line.)

4 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Lol I can't have a simple conversation with rival fans without being called a troll? 

Get real man. I don't have to agree with everything you guys talk about. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy coming over here to see a different view of things. I don't think that deserves a ban. Lighten up champ. Little sensitive.

That won't help your cause. 

On 20/01/2017 at 4:53 PM, 17to85 said:

anything can happen in the CFL, but it's not random, when you have a lunatic in charge who doesn't like having veteran qbs around it's pretty easy to guess what will happen, here's a hint, it won't be fun for you guys in riderville. 

Not true. That lunatic hinted he was going to go out and find the next BLM.

Is Jones gonna be VP / GM / HC / DC again this year?

Are we sure that Chris Jones isn't Mike Kelly in a Chris Jones mask?

(though Kelly was not the VPFO in 2009, and he had the sense to bring in a dedicated OC during the season)

Makes me think about a recent article about Blake Wheeler, he said that one of his jobs as Jets captain was to rein in players who were trying to do too much...  maybe the Roughrider brass needs to bring in Blake Wheeler to help Jones get his mind right.

Edited by johnzo

12 hours ago, J5V said:

Not true. That lunatic hinted he was going to go out and find the next BLM.

I believe he said something along the lines of Bridge reminds him of Dave Dickenson and Kinne grew up with BLM (like it means they are clones or something) in any case I hope that's who they roll with next season until the inevitable Kevin Glenn signing by LDC in a desperate attempt to save his job

16 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That won't help your cause. 

Well there you go, this guy obviously has a problem with recognizing boundaries... Trying to walk the line by using innuendo bordering on insult and slight gets you nowhere ... They're obvious and meant to be demeaning...I think the lack of respect for our club is a reason kluchk should look up the word and show some...take some time off and get back to us...Yup I'm bored....especially with posters of his calibre

Edited by Stickem

On 1/22/2017 at 7:24 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I believe he said something along the lines of Bridge reminds him of Dave Dickenson

I've been told that I remind people of Stevie Wonder and Gandhi.

It's possible they were referring to my penmanship and general health.