Game 52 : Lake Winnipeg @ Lake Michigan

You guys just look at things in the wrong light. Since Pavelec came up, the whole team has undergone a collective change. A confidence boost, whatever you wanna call it. They're what? 4-2 in their last 6 or something? And the two losses were close games they could have just as easily won. This is a different team going forward, no question about it...

So Pavelec letting in his first shot against arizona is a confidence booster? What? This team has played like this before,even earlier in the season, it's nothing new, they just seem to be a bit more consistent right now, I'm sorry but the Jets got owned last night and won because our goalie was better than their goalie. That's what it comes down to, Chicago had 40 (41) shots, they dominated us, we had no business winning that game but found a way to win (but really, we are good vs the central so this shouldn't be some surprise). My issue and i think other peoples issues are... why can we beat the hawks or blues or OUR division but then the next game we play, we lose? It's happened before, it's nothing new, this team has proven nothing, it's proven it can beat a tanking team, a team playing the back up to the backup but then anaheim and san jose come to town and play their back ups and we lose, We beat Chicago playing their back up (he's having a good season tho). I see a team who has yet to prove that they can actually consistently play good, cuz for the most part they got owned last night and that sharks game, to an extent, the sharks were all over us, ducks owned us also, Jets put up a good fight those games but in the end, you knew they would lose. 

Until they win 3 in a row, they are exactly what they have been all year long. consistently inconsistent. 

Edited by Goalie

So just to make sure I understand your matrix:

When Hellebuyck's in net and we win it was because of Hellebuyck.

When Hellebuyck's in net and we lose it was because of coaching/team in front of Hellebuyck.

When Pavelec's in net and we lose it was because of Pavelec.

When Pavelec's in net and we win it was because of team in front of Pavelec.

When we get a speeding ticket it was because of Pavelec.

When traffic is light on the drive home from work it was because of Hellebuyck.

If a cold is going around the house it is because of Pavelec.

If we find some loonies under the couch cushions it is because of Hellebuyck.

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

So just to make sure I understand your matrix:

When Hellebuyck's in net and we win it was because of Hellebuyck.

When Hellebuyck's in net and we lose it was because of coaching/team in front of Hellebuyck.

When Pavelec's in net and we lose it was because of Pavelec.

When Pavelec's in net and we win it was because of team in front of Pavelec.

When we get a speeding ticket it was because of Pavelec.

When traffic is light on the drive home from work it was because of Hellebuyck.

If a cold is going around the house it is because of Pavelec.

If we find some loonies under the couch cushions it is because of Hellebuyck.

Loonies under the couch would be because of Pavelec since he cant save anything, including money.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I still think coaching impact is overstated.  Players 90%, coaching 10%.  See the difference between McLellan's Oilers last year vs this year.

I listen to 1290 TSN Radio semi frequently and they ask so many guests on their thoughts about the Winnipeg Jets.   Nearly all of them are perplexed on why the team is struggling and they nearly all say that we are loaded with talent and it's a mystery on why they cannot get over the hump.

I'd really be curious to see how this team would perform with a guy like Carlyle at coach...

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I listen to 1290 TSN Radio semi frequently and they ask so many guests on their thoughts about the Winnipeg Jets.   Nearly all of them are perplexed on why the team is struggling and they nearly all say that we are loaded with talent and it's a mystery on why they cannot get over the hump.

I'd really be curious to see how this team would perform with a guy like Carlyle at coach...

Yeah it's kinda an unanswerable question.  But look at how many coaches are awesome in one place and then trash in another.  And then awesome again!  (Tortorella for example, or even Carlyle)

Are their coaching styles changing that drastically from year-to-year?  Or is it the talent they have to work with?

Nobody wants to admit the team doesn't have the talent because it's so much easier to change the coach.  I'm not saying it's necessarily the case with the Jets.  But it's hard to know definitively.

Edited by Atomic

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

latest?cb=20131125095025

Shhhhhh ... you'll spoil the secret for True North's plans going forward next season ;)

Edited by IC Khari