Youtube Question

For you experts.

I have a few videos that have been flagged as containing copywritten songs, such as Welcome to The Jungle.  However... when I go to Youtube's Copywrite page, it has a search function where you can view the status of all songs.  When I select Welcome to The Jungle, it reports "Viewable Worldwide".  And yet a video containing the song is flagged as "not available on some devices".

Im having the issue with another video that contains a snippet of Even Better Than The Real Thing by U2.  When I look it up, it lists no restrictions but when I use it, its being filtered out of most mobile devices due to a copywrite claim from the music company.

Little old me is clearly robbing U2 blind. 

Is there a reason Youtube would list a song as Viewable Worldwide but then filter it out anyway?

24 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah i dont get how it works. I mean Stairway to Heaven by neither the artist or the rights company has 100m views but they dont take it down and that guy gets $ from Google?

Apparently there is a way to get around it.  if you're not monetized, you can dispute it based on the Fair Use provision of the Copy write act.  ie. personal use.  Im going to give that a shot.  You can also adjust the pitch slightly to fool their silly computers.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I know for one video i put it up it said they would use ads based on the material.

Yeah it seems random.  Many of them simply say there is a copywrite claim but you can use it and the rights holder can add ads if they so wish.  Others prevent it from working via mobile devices.  others mute the audio. 

Supposedly filing a dispute under fair use if its a personal "music" video or whatever will have the restrictions lifted.  We shall see.  It DOES lift the restrictions during he dispute phase, so there's that.