Game 53 : Red River @ Mississippi

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Game Time : Tuesday 7PM

Game Story : The Stretch - otherwise known as every game from the All-Star break to the last of the season starts now and the Jet's need to win 70% of their remaining game to make the playoffs. Okay, I'm pulling that 70% out of a bag but people like solid stats.

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game : William S. Burroughs - Junk is the ideal product... the ultimate merchandise. No sales talk necessary. The client will crawl through a sewer and beg to buy.

Helle to start.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

36 minutes ago, JCon said:

"...Pav has great numbers against St. Louis..."

It feels early for tanking but it must be the case.

I agree. And yeah, I know - if you're below the line at US Thanksgiving, chances says you aren't making playoffs anyway.

And yeah, I know - there's several teams between us and a playoff spot.

BUT we're 3 frickin' points below the line!! 6 of 7 games upcoming are against central teams.... GO. FER. IT! 

...christ don't they remember we got all the fortune of a #2 overall pick last year despite winning down the stretch.

This whole organization, sans Laine, just reeks at the moment.  

On 2017-01-26 at 11:10 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game : William S. Burroughs - Junk is the ideal product... the ultimate merchandise. No sales talk necessary. The client will crawl through a sewer and beg to buy.

Why Willliam S. Burroughs? Are the Jets junk? :(

I guess that quote is from the book "Junky" right?

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Judd said:

Can't say I agree with this move but this is the classic rotation that Maurice has been doing. He wants Helle to "take" the job I guess but at this point in the season, why even bother? Let 'er ride with Helle

He already has. He's better than Pav. This is another in a long list of Maurice giving vets tons of chances. 

Funny at the start of the season he said he wasn't gonna play guys who won't be here long term. All talk. 

Probably doens't want to put any more pressure on Helle...what if he came out and let in 3 quick goals again? Helle probably getting the next start. Having said all that, if I were the coach, I would have given Helle the start.

Also, Helle should have had some competition and not really annointed the starter. I don't think Pavs or Hutch are the right goalies to give him that. He had a pretty good season last year but he did nothing to say he should have been the starter this year. He had every right to fight for it but Hutch isn't much competition. It'll be interesting to see what Chevy does about the goalie situation after the season is over. Should have taken a quick look at Comrie.