Game 54 : Three for the Road @ Lone Star

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Game Start : Thursday 730

Game Story : Attempt #10 at winning 3 in a row. Pav to start has been confirmed.

Local Celebrity Quote : As most people know, I am a vampire, so I have no reflection. Every day, I paste a picture of someone else on the mirror - Meat Loaf

zEUJlQZ.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

The feeling is the Jets wont carry three goalies all season.  I guess they could but it makes management of bodies tougher because Hutch takes up a roster spot.  Pavs has to be sent down prior to ten games played or 30 days to avoid waivers.  I think they will hope he plays "okay" until the deadline and consider trades.  The problem is, if Jets are in a playoff spot, will they risk trading their one veteran goalie?  They clearly have given up on Hutch but have to keep him.

Just now, Atomic said:

What is the potential return for Pav?  A late-round pick?  If we're still in the playoff race I don't see any reason to make that deal.

Just send Hutch down and if he gets claimed so be it.  He's not going to be a Jet next year either way.

I think pav will be traded eventually or sent back down. They are 1 point behind st louis for a wild card spot butthe games in hand factor is interesting 

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What is the potential return for Pav?  A late-round pick?  If we're still in the playoff race I don't see any reason to make that deal.

Just send Hutch down and if he gets claimed so be it.  He's not going to be a Jet next year either way.

What goalie do you leave exposed in the expansion draft if Hutch gets claimed.  Thats why Hutch is here.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Do you have to expose a goalie?  I thought we could protect one goalie regardless of who is left exposed.

You have to have one goalie, under contract or RFA, to expose.

EDIT: Right now, we have Helle and Hutch who fit.

Comrie doesn't count and can't be claimed.

Edited by JCon

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

You have to have one goalie, under contract or RFA, to expose.

So then couldn't we just sign any bum after the season?  Why does it have to be Hutch?

EDIT: I guess the expansion is before FA.  Hmmm!  Well then.  Stupid Golden Knights.

Edited by Atomic

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

So then couldn't we just sign any bum after the season?  Why does it have to be Hutch?

EDIT: I guess the expansion is before FA.  Hmmm!  Well then.  Stupid Golden Knights.

You could sign any bum that's currently an FA. Even someone coming back from Europe.

They would have to be cheap and you would have to want them in the organization for the next season.

Until the most recent Hutch drop-off, there was a real sense that Vegas could take him. Not to be with the big club but a cheap goalie, on an expiring contract. They have to take 3 goalies anyhow, so, why not him?! Of course, they may be having second thoughts about that.

Depending on who the Jets expose, is the best player available better than players available at other clubs?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

If the Jets in playoff spot come TD then they wont trade Pav.

Not sure if Hutch be a Moose next year either.

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If the Jets in playoff spot come TD then they wont trade Pav.

Not sure if Hutch be a Moose next year either.

Where do think Hutch would go? Buyout?

I wonder if they would bring up Phillips from the ECHL?

I'd suspect Hutch gets waived to the Moose next season to back up Comrie.  And then Jets wont offer him another contract the following year probably.  Depends on Phillips I guess.  By 2018/19 they might expect Comrie to back up Helle in Winnipeg (or vice versa).  I assume they sign a cheap veteran back up for next season.