Game 54 : Three for the Road @ Lone Star

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

MP back in tonight and is probably playing on a line with Thorbs and Petan.

If Helle isn't in this game, I sure hope he gets in the game against the Avs.

The Winnipeg Jets have activated Mathieu Perreault from the IR.

Here are tonight's lines courtesy of Brian Munz.

Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Scheifele-Wheeler
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Perreault-Petan-Thorburn

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Trouba
Stuart-Postma

Pavelec
Hellebuyck

16 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Winnipeg Jets have activated Mathieu Perreault from the IR.

Here are tonight's lines courtesy of Brian Munz.

Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Scheifele-Wheeler
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Perreault-Petan-Thorburn

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Trouba
Stuart-Postma

Pavelec
Hellebuyck

That roster would like a lot nicer with Myers, Connor, Roslo, Comrie?, Poolman? and a couple free agents like a goalie and a top 4 LHD.

Minus Pavs, Stu, Postma, Staf, Thorburn and someone to the expansion draft...the more I think about it, the more i hope it is MP. His contract is too much for too long for a 65 games per year player.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

But... Jets are 2nd highest scoring team since Jan 1st so... hopefully they pull it off.  4 or more goals for and we should win. Cuz pav will more than likely let in 3 at the very least 

Just a random thought not taking any sides in rating our goaltenders but when the Jets happen to open up there offensive thrust can it also mean their defensive awareness goes down putting more pressure on the goaltender?  

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just a random thought not taking any sides in rating our goaltenders but when the Jets happen to open up there offensive thrust can it also mean their defensive awareness goes down putting more pressure on the goaltender?  

I would say that is true of almost any team or any system. If they get down by three goals by the end of the first. They have to open it up which allows more two on ones and three on ones.

Just now, Ducky said:

I would say that is true of almost any team or any system. If they get down by three goals by the end of the first. They have to open it up which allows more two on ones and three on ones.

I was actually thinking the opposite, as in the Jets goal production has been better of late, the thing that can lose focus is their commitment to defensive responsibilities making a 5-1 game now a 5-3 5-4 game putting more pressure on the goaltender.

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Better than Tanev at this point in their respective careers.

Totally disagree.  Thorburn just floats around because he doesn't have the speed or skill to keep up with whoever he's playing with.  At least Tanev has the potential to still develop and he has great speed.  If he's not down with the Moose, he should be playing over Thorburn.

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Totally disagree.  Thorburn just floats around because he doesn't have the speed or skill to keep up with whoever he's playing with.  At least Tanev has the potential to still develop and he has great speed.  If he's not down with the Moose, he should be playing over Thorburn.

Tanev can skate but unfortunately seems to have no idea what he's supposed to be doing at any given time or location on the ice.  He is out of his league.  I agree he needs to develop still.  The NHL is not the place.

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Tanev can skate but unfortunately seems to have no idea what he's supposed to be doing at any given time or location on the ice.  He is out of his league.  I agree he needs to develop still.  The NHL is not the place.

Well, Thorburn is certainly not the answer.  He has no business being on an NHL roster.  He may have an idea of what he is supposed to be doing out there, but he's not capable of doing most of it.

If a guy has been called up from the Moose, he should play over Thorburn.

Edited by BomberBall

56 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Well, Thorburn is certainly not the answer.  He has no business being on an NHL roster.  He may have an idea of what he is supposed to be doing out there, but he's not capable of doing most of it.

If a guy has been called up from the Moose, he should play over Thorburn.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.