Game 54 : Three for the Road @ Lone Star

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Totally disagree.  Thorburn just floats around because he doesn't have the speed or skill to keep up with whoever he's playing with.  At least Tanev has the potential to still develop and he has great speed.  If he's not down with the Moose, he should be playing over Thorburn.

I think this is the first time I've ever read somebody call Thorburn a floater. He's a decent skater, especially for a man his size.

Edited by sweep the leg

23 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I think this is the first time I've ever read somebody call Thorburn a floater. He's a decent skater, especially for a man his size.

Thorburn is like Mad Max's car...the last of the interceptors! That's his purpose and he is NOT a slow skater IMHO.

Tanev hits. That's his purpose and the last i heard he was leading all rookies in that department. Does he need to score more? Heck ya otherwise he's like a thousand other guys.

Thorburn is also a ufa and as strange as it sounds might get a pick for him. 

Playoff race? Looks are deceiving because we have played more games than the teams in front of us.  Need a long winning streak to pretty much be in a playoff race cuz while it appears we are right there... we also have the 3rd worst winning percentage in the conference. Right now we are probably the 5th worst team in the league.. not quite but notice the games in hand and points 

https://www.nhl.com/standings/league

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

When I called him a floater, I wasn't specifically referring to his skating or speed.  I often see him drifting around on the ice, not really accomplishing anything...  Not contributing... at all.

42 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

When I called him a floater, I wasn't specifically referring to his skating or speed.  I often see him drifting around on the ice, not really accomplishing anything...  Not contributing... at all.

Well he only plays like 4 minutes a game and there's a reason for that.  He's not that good 

Pre-game

If this game as quick as the anthem singer we'll be done by 930.

Great seats available apparently.

1st Period

Pav makes save on first shot already putting him into the 3 Star Selection.

X3XbAbR.jpgLittle 1-0

Laine goes to box and its 1-1 six seconds later.

Damn 2-1. Warm up Helle.

Too early for a timeout?

pI5wvhN.jpgScheif ties it up 2-2

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg