It's 2017 and the Riders just put _________ on their neg list ...

Mike

Well, if my team had a total of 8 wins over 2 years in a 9 team league I guess I might be a bit defensive as well.  

Things look pretty testy over there. As I said before, they do a very good job of slicing and dicing their own kind.  They probably don't need outsiders doing it.  Any comments from outsiders are going to be taken defensively even if they are positive. They want their own site for their own people so they can belittle and crap on each other.  Best to just sit back, stay out have a beer and observe them doing just that.  They haven't disappointed so far.  

On 2017-02-03 at 0:07 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This post by the chief fort defenders summarizes it well.  Second comment is by R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
with the number of free agents these last few years - you can transform a team by choosing who to retain who to discard and who to buy
I agree if we are able to upgrade our Cancon and pick up maybe an import DT or CB - thankfully this offseason we will be looking for one or two pieces instead of starting a brand new puzzle

Good post. Quite accurate. Last year was a clearinghouse. This year it's about pieces.

That's so hilariously wrong. Everything those two clowns have said since Jonsie has been hired has been proven to be inaccurate, yet they still continue on their crusade. 

Edited by Blueandgold

3 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Well, if my team had a total of 8 wins over 2 years in a 9 team league I guess I might be a bit defensive as well.  

Things look pretty testy over there. As I said before, they do a very good job of slicing and dicing their own kind.  They probably don't need outsiders doing it.  Any comments from outsiders are going to be taken defensively even if they are positive. They want their own site for their own people so they can belittle and crap on each other.  Best to just sit back, stay out have a beer and observe them doing just that.  They haven't disappointed so far.  

Any comments? I don't believe that to be true. Certain comments is a better way to put I would say. As far as people wanting their own site, that goes everywhere. Many posters there and here have zero problem with out of town fans posting, in fact I think it adds a lot of perspective to the conversation.  I enjoy talking football and try not to stir the pot when on another teams site, and for the most part have gotten along well here. There are definitely some die hard people that challenge comments from "visitors" but those people challenge locals in the same way, its just their posting style. I'm not here to defend anyone, just commenting on what I see.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Any comments? I don't believe that to be true. Certain comments is a better way to put I would say. As far as people wanting their own site, that goes everywhere. Many posters there and here have zero problem with out of town fans posting, in fact I think it adds a lot of perspective to the conversation.  I enjoy talking football and try not to stir the pot when on another teams site, and for the most part have gotten along well here. There are definitely some die hard people that challenge comments from "visitors" but those people challenge locals in the same way, its just their posting style. I'm not here to defend anyone, just commenting on what I see.

IMHO you're one of the good ones Ripper.  I'm thinking that either:

you weren't originally from Saskatchewan or somehow, your family tree doesn't loop back?

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Fair comments.  Speaking in general. There are a handful that can pound sand. The rest I would buy a beer and talk football all day long.  They care. They're passionate. We need more of that for the CFL. 

1 hour ago, lyin' guy said:

Fair comments.  Speaking in general. There are a handful that can pound sand. The rest I would buy a beer and talk football all day long.  They care. They're passionate. We need more of that for the CFL. 

I love the Riders and will always will be a diehard fan, doesn't mean I am best buddies with every rider fan. I won't defend some comments made by fellow fans, just because we cheer for the same team. At the same time, I will defend my team when I need to, or a fellow rider fan or fan of any team for that matter, who I think has done nothing wrong. Cheering for a different team doesn't automatically make a person a idiot or a uneducated fan. There are some posters who I agree could pound sand, but I try not to take it to heart. Everyone has a right to have a opinion, as long as they are not being rude or offending anyone I think they can post that opinion. Isn't that what these forums are for? Discussion?

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I love the Riders and will always will be a diehard fan, doesn't mean I am best buddies with every rider fan. I won't defend some comments made by fellow fans, just because we cheer for the same team. At the same time, I will defend my team when I need to, or a fellow rider fan or fan of any team for that matter, who I think has done nothing wrong. Cheering for a different team doesn't automatically make a person a idiot or a uneducated fan. There are some posters who I agree could pound sand, but I try not to take it to heart. Everyone has a right to have a opinion, as long as they are not being rude or offending anyone I think they can post that opinion. Isn't that what these forums are for? Discussion?

Exactly. Well said. 

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

IMHO you're one of the good ones Ripper.  I'm thinking that either:

you weren't originally from Saskatchewan or somehow, your family tree doesn't loop back?

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...  LOL   Sorry but I'm a Sasky boy, born in the prairies. Lots of good people here no different than Manitoba, work with lots of Manitoba guys in the patch. Good eggs..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...