It's 2017 and the Riders just put _________ on their neg list ...

Mike

This post by the chief fort defenders summarizes it well.  Second comment is by R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
with the number of free agents these last few years - you can transform a team by choosing who to retain who to discard and who to buy
I agree if we are able to upgrade our Cancon and pick up maybe an import DT or CB - thankfully this offseason we will be looking for one or two pieces instead of starting a brand new puzzle

Good post. Quite accurate. Last year was a clearinghouse. This year it's about pieces.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Waiting to hear how current regime's scouting and player development is still better than under Taman

Because they have more scouts. They must be better.

Besides, it takes lots of skills to comb over other teams' rosters. 

The last 6 or 7 QBs the Riders have signed were from other CFL teams.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Pederson also picked them to have 12 wins last year so this is not surprising. In fact, I don't think there has ever been a year where Pederson doesn't predict a great team.

I would like to know in what dream world he sees  a comparison between Jones and Bellichek?

hey in his world 12 wins is a down season for the Riders, Pederson there is showing a lack of faith in the regime. 

While this is all a bit comical it's not like neg listing a washed up QB is earth shattering news.  Doing it after insulting and kicking Durant to the curb is what makes this all so sad (for Rider fans).  It's clearer by the second that Jones has no plan at all and is just hoping to get lucky with one of the twelve no-name QBs on his roster.  And if it happens, his thick ego-filled chest will puff out even further while he yells "told you so", which won't ever change the part where he had no plan and was hoping on blind luck.

16 minutes ago, do or die said:

33 years old, 6 yrs out of football, 46-51 TD/INT ratio, as well as some personal issues.    Even Mike Kelly's Database, would spit this one out.

He also had a slow side arm release and a relatively weaker arm.....  he did have wheels... back in 2007......     

Reading riderfans....  it looks like most people are out of patience with Jones....  

As one person suggested ... If you are going to neg list a NFL dropout... why not Manziel?

Never mind his epic Wonderlic score, or the lousy numbers, or the time away from the game....perhaps it is all about the intangibles......

In 6 years, Young earned $34 million salary during his career in the NFL, as well as 30 million in endorsement deals with Reebok, Campbell's Soup, Madden NFL, Vizio and the National Dairy Council.

In January 2014, Young filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Houston federal bankruptcy court.

During one Titans game, he threw his shoulder pads into the stands and then had an post-game altercation with Jeff Fisher in the dressing room.

23 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Who is next Jamarcus Russel?

hes constantly been on about begging teams for a 2nd chance and how he just wants to play football etc. But if he had half an inclination he would have a deal out side the nfl in pro football any day of the week. That said Id want him less then young. vince young can move his feet. Jamarcus russel needs some one to shuffle him along the buffet line. 

22 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

haha wow. Just when you think he cant get any worse. 

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

While this is all a bit comical it's not like neg listing a washed up QB is earth shattering news.  Doing it after insulting and kicking Durant to the curb is what makes this all so sad (for Rider fans).  It's clearer by the second that Jones has no plan at all and is just hoping to get lucky with one of the twelve no-name QBs on his roster.  And if it happens, his thick ego-filled chest will puff out even further while he yells "told you so", which won't ever change the part where he had no plan and was hoping on blind luck.

I think you're closer to the truth then joking on what motivates Jones.

When he told Dickenson to win with some class what he really was saying was I want to be the winner not you so screw you classless person. I'll never forget Dickenson's face, 'what just happened here?' Jones is the same guy who publicly thinks handshakes at the end of games is pointless, waste of time, it's just a formality, going through the motions. #jerkface

He could lead a team to 18-0 record with a grey cup in hand and I still wouldn't want the guy. He's good fit with Sask. He'd look good in TO as well.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This post by the chief fort defenders summarizes it well.  Second comment is by R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
with the number of free agents these last few years - you can transform a team by choosing who to retain who to discard and who to buy
I agree if we are able to upgrade our Cancon and pick up maybe an import DT or CB - thankfully this offseason we will be looking for one or two pieces instead of starting a brand new puzzle

Good post. Quite accurate. Last year was a clearinghouse. This year it's about pieces.

in fairness it was in response to my post about IF a trade for a QB is going to happen,  it won't happen until after the FA market opens up.  If they can pick up a few NI's then trading off their draft picks becomes a lot more feasible. If they get outbid or come up empty then they need to hang onto those picks and that pretty much eliminates anything of value they can offer in a trade outside of their top end receivers which I think is only part of the equation 

11 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Pederson also picked them to have 12 wins last year so this is not surprising. In fact, I don't think there has ever been a year where Pederson doesn't predict a great team.

I would like to know in what dream world he sees  a comparison between Jones and Bellichek?

They are both ass holes?