OK can we call a spade a spade and stop with the assinine Pav experiment already???

IC Khari

The guy is consistent alright, for one streak of a few games per season to get your hopes up before ripping them up like an alcoholic falling off the wagon on a bender :angry: ... It's time to get on with the rebuild in net, put Helle in and see if he's worth the investment or find another guy! The Pavelic ship has sailed ... too many times actually :(

Today was a clear example of Pavelecs career in Winnipeg, some fantastic saves, some poor positioning and a soft goal or 2 the end product being a loss. I kinda wish we would have stayed the course with Helle, let him figure it out we are not in contention for the playoffs so let him get as much action as possible................oh and get some guys who can teach defence and play defence.

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maurice is getting desperate... this reminds me of past Bomber coaches throwing every QB on the field in hopes that one will stick and get them some wins.  

Perhaps Chevy saves the day and will trade for Fleury as Lawless suggested that they should do....

MAF is a career .912 goalie with an AAV and an actual salary of 5.75m for two more seasons after this one and he would cost something we wouldn't want to give up. No thanks.

Lawless thought we could trade for him and not have to protect him and Helle cuz Hutch was unprotected the other day!!!! He is a goof. He is a well-connected goof but still a goof.

Maurice said after the Avs game that the D has work to do.  No kidding.  its been that way for six years.  Can you imagine the Bombers keeping their D coordinator that long?  In the NHL, less emphasize is put on the assistants but if Huddy has been chiefly responsible for the D for six years, he's about three years past his best before date.

What experiment?  The Jets gave Pavelec one game in pre-season, he got a shutout and gets waived to the AHL.  This team clearly had no interest in Pavelec ever playing a game for the Jets again.

This team went all in on Hellebuyck at the start of the year.  All he had to do was beat out an AHL quality goalie in Hutchinson and show some promise and growth over the course of the season.  Four months in he has an epic bed-crapping stretch, Hutch gets put in to break it up and he craps the bed, Helle gets put back in and he continues to crap the bed, so what's left to break the cycle of bed-crapping?  The team that wanted nothing to do with Pavelec in 2016/17 is forced to call him up to break the cycle of crap because they had run out of goalies to bench.

Helle is the one who crapped his pants all the way back to square one.  Now he has to win the job like it's early October all over again.  That's on him.  The Jets gifted him the job several times this season, now he has to win it.  There is absolutely no chance Pavelec is a Jet next season and I'm guessing they really hoped they could trade him for something this season.

The whole point of their goaltending decisions this season was to decide if either Helle or Hutch (but not really Hutch) was a guy they could give the job to next season.  If not they might be forced to make a play at a free agent to fill the gap until Helle is ready or Comrie/Phillips get a turn at earning the job.  Either way they had to acquire that information by taking Pavelec out of the picture.  Playing Pavelec screws all that up.  They did not want to do that.

Mad?  Blame Helle and Hutch.

Helle did not crap his pants back to square one.  Im far too lazy to try and look up facts and figures so Ill just pull some out of my ass.  While goal tending was not a strength of the Jets, Helle was providing league average goal tending until his back to back pulls.  Those pulls sunk his stats to a level that is STILL higher than Pavs or Hutch.

Pavs got waived because there was no need to see any more.  They had 5 years of stats and knew exactly what Pavelec provided.  And guess what, they were right!

Blame Helle?  Well, is Helle maliciously throwing games?  Obviously not.  He has regressed though.  Just like Hutch regressed.  Just like pavs regressed.  Now why do goalies regress?  Is it because they suck?  Is it because the system in front of them is creating a situation where they have to be better than they are?  Is it their goalie coach?

I might argue that every goalie that played well in the AHL, came up playing well and regressed.  EVERY OTHER TEAM (to be fair I dont know if this is true but Im going to say it anyway) has fired goalie coaches looking for the right one for their goalie to be better, not worse, including Price who went through three goalie coaches before they settled on one.

At this point, I'd fire Flaherty and bring up the Moose goalie coach and then look for a permanent replacement in the off-season.

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

5 out of 17 games from the beginning of December, Helle got pulled.... 8 of 17 games he had a sub-.900 save percentage.  Pavelec has been pretty bad but I don't see how that makes Helle any better.  Can't win with numbers like those.

Yet here he is, 61 games into his NHL career with a respectable .912 sv%.

You're right, Pavelec doesn't make Hellebuyck better.  The way he gets better is by playing games. 

47 minutes ago, Atomic said:

5 out of 17 games from the beginning of December, Helle got pulled.... 8 of 17 games he had a sub-.900 save percentage.  Pavelec has been pretty bad but I don't see how that makes Helle any better.  Can't win with numbers like those.

Then those other games he must have been really good to bring his numbers up to respectable.