Super Bowl

Noeller

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Atlanta had a half to score that TD.  Really like the format.

Actually, it was New England who didn't score in a half, but then needed a Flip Of A Coin to help them win. I really didn't care who won, but to decide a game when only one team gets a chance to score, well I say, "F.O.A.C. that noise".

mbb chat room was fun.... Gaga was outstanding, first half time performer that showed a sense of humour. great catch and jump.

I gave up after the third quarter.....

Glad Brady/Belichick didn't. Half time adjustments eh?  62 passes lol!

They outcoached/outquarterbacked the Falcons.

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Actually, it was New England who didn't score in a half, but then needed a Flip Of A Coin to help them win. I really didn't care who won, but to decide a game when only one team gets a chance to score, well I say, "F.O.A.C. that noise".

I know.  You may as well say the team winning at the half is the winner if they tie at the end of the game.  It's the same stupidity.  You're basically leaving the championship up to a chance flip of the coin.

It's not the flip of the coin, it's letting NE score a TD on their first set of downs that cost Atlanta the game. Well that and some dumb play calling that resulted in a penalty and a sack that took them out of FG range. Still it was a Super Bowl for the ages and I thought it was over at the half. :D

10 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Omg I hate the Patriots. Bunch of smug pricks. I hate their fans even more because they're even worse. 

More than a decade ago after another Bomber pounding, my son looked me in the eye and said "Dad, you got to get a new team" (he saw how depressed I was getting over the Bombers performance).

So I picked the Patriots and I have been rewarded ever since. They  have a most unusual way of aquiring new players ( they go after talent and raw potential not nationally rated scouting reports), they avoid big salaries even for the best of players, and they have all-for-one and one-for-all sense of team. I don't see pride, smugness or arrogance there at all (relatively speaking).

Brady who wasn't even a starting QB in college has proved himself to be the best QB of all time. Belichick has proven himself the best strategist and coach perhaps of all time. Thats proof not claim or brag.

When the commissioner of football decided to go after Brady and the team (maybe he thought they were smug) they handled the affair with dignity and humility, "like a man".

So I could not have been more delighted with their victory in the Super Bowl. They have built a dynasty by doing so many of the right things. Aside from Brady they have no individual stars. They just work at geting better and keep replacing fallen players like Gronk. They are a team like I have never seen before.

Edited by BigBlue

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's not the flip of the coin, it's letting NE score a TD on their first set of downs that cost Atlanta the game.

So if a baseball game goes into extra innings should the home team get a chance to bat only if they can keep the visiting team from getting a run in the top half of the inning?  Cause that is exactly the same thing.

just like running up the score. If you don't like it, stop them.

Just stop them from scoring.

Then take the ball and score.

I don't see the problem.

The Patriots cheating line is a farce. One of the most successful PR baseless character attacks ever. Probably originates with the other owners,  all of whom would love to have Belichick/Brady  and their five wins, as their coach QB

Bill Cowher said it, every team does all the same things the Patriots are slammed for. 

It's simple. Brady and Belichik are alone on their own  higher level. And they earned that on their own. specially Brady, the classic American bootstraps success story.

Not sure why that bothers some people.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

just like running up the score. If you don't like it, stop them.

Just stop them from scoring.

Then take the ball and score.

I don't see the problem.

The problem seems fairly obvious.  Only one team had a chance to score. It's nothing like running up the score, b/c after each td in a blowout the other team at least gets a chance to respond.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

The problem seems fairly obvious.  Only one team had a chance to score. It's nothing like running up the score, b/c after each td in a blowout the other team at least gets a chance to respond.

Atlanta scored on a pick-six earlier in the game so, yes they did have a chance to score.  They also could have given themselves a chance by holding the Patriots to no points or a field goal.  Did the Patriots have an advantage due to the coin flip?  Yes... but unless you want to do an XFL style jump ball, then there is going to be one side with an advantage.

45 minutes ago, mbrg said:

So if a baseball game goes into extra innings should the home team get a chance to bat only if they can keep the visiting team from getting a run in the top half of the inning?  Cause that is exactly the same thing.

Baseball doesn't have two ways to score, a FG and a TD. If NE could only score a FG, the game would have continued.

I like the NFL's 'play a real game of football in OT' over the CFL's start in FG range and see who can score a TD. I wouldn't mind each team getting a shot to play offense, but I don't see that as as big a problem as the NE haters around here do.

I said to a friend who is a huge Falcons fan: If they're playing anyone else in the league aside from Brady and Belichek, the Falcons win that game. I don't know what dark ritual Belichek performs every year, but the Old Gods love that man with a slavering sort of obedience Faust would envy.

I'm not a huge NFL fan (love me the Packers, but after that, I'm pretty meh), but this was the best superbowl I've ever seen. I don't like their OT format, but it is what it is.  Seeing Brady win his 5th ring is something I'm glad to have witnessed.