Super Bowl

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It's coming out now that, for now, 2 members of the Super Bowl winning Patriots will not attend ceremonies at the White House under the current regime. I do wonder if there will be more. (Devin McCourty, Marcellus Bennett)

Lies, all of the team members are going to show up, even some past team members will be there, everyone wants to go. 

On 2/8/2017 at 2:08 PM, Mr Dee said:

It's coming out now that, for now, 2 members of the Super Bowl winning Patriots will not attend ceremonies at the White House under the current regime. I do wonder if there will be more. (Devin McCourty, Marcellus Bennett)

That one doesn't surprise me... Bennett is an intelligent, out-spoken guy (along with his brother, Seattle D-lineman Michael) and I can see why he would oppose the current regime... McCourty already went in 2015 so he probably doesn't care too much and can use this to make a political statement...

And if there's enough traction to it... the simple fix to the OT rules would be give both teams a shot... Atlanta would have to score a TD to keep the game going... then sudden death after that... again, that's if there's enough traction... I don't believe the owners (other than Arthur Blank ;)) are in a rush to make that change right now...  

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

That one doesn't surprise me... Bennett is an intelligent, out-spoken guy (along with his brother, Seattle D-lineman Michael) and I can see why he would oppose the current regime... McCourty already went in 2015 so he probably doesn't care too much and can use this to make a political statement...

And if there's enough traction to it... the simple fix to the OT rules would be give both teams a shot... Atlanta would have to score a TD to keep the game going... then sudden death after that... again, that's if there's enough traction... I don't believe the owners (other than Arthur Blank ;)) are in a rush to make that change right now...  

arthur-blank-1.jpg

We don't have to look too far to see the best way to solve OT. Simply look at the CFL with a little change. Presently each team has two chances from the 35 to score either a TD or field goal. On the first try if each team scores the same number of points then they do it again. The only thing I would change, and I would leave in the mandatory 2 point conversion, would be to start the teams at centre field or the 50 yard line. The rational is simple, their kickers can kick 55 yard field goals with ease it seems so in order to make it a little more difficult have them start at the fringe of their range and go from there. Should both teams be tied after 2 tries each repeat until a winner is declared. I do agree that the NFL OT is not fair. I am a patriot fan and am glad they won but it isn't fair nonetheless. Oh and Brady will be known and should be known as one of the best all time QBs in the game period. Deflategate my foot!