CFL Schedule

Noeller

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Schedule's up. Week 1 bye is pretty shitty. That takes us into a week two stadium opening game with the Riders.

It's really like the Bombers get one bye week in week 13 and their season starts a week late.  Probably not a big deal.

Usually players go home on the bye week though.  So what now?  Congrats, you made the team, go home for a week?  I suspect most players wouldn't bother.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honestly, my first thought is that the Week 1 bye is a good thing. Extra week of TC (or extra week of rest) before the season starts. Works for me. As a fan, it's going to feel like we have one less week off during the season...

Yeah if any thing is an issue its the thurs games for most people.

Also week 10 is august 24, week 11 is sept 3. Which is 9 days between games, and a mini buy week since we play mostly every 6 days. 

I like it. Sure the week 1 bye is odd however it ensures barring any major training camp or pre-season injuries that we should be relatively healthy going into a tough game (circumstances, not skill on paper) in Regina in week two. I also like the home games down the stretch in October to have that advantage as we battle for playoff positioning as oppose to having to do that on the road, and no Sunday games after September 3rd which means no personal conflict with NFL games. Solid.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It can be good. TC really puts a beating on the health of a team. Gives you time to recover. Also allows more time to evaluate your team, build chemistry practicing with the roster you break camp with, and you get to study a week of game film on the opponent going into the first game of the season. It can be a great advantage for our coaches to take. 

True....they get to see us in preseason but that won't tell them much...But they also get to iron out the wrinkles in real game conditions while we have played most of our players vying for positions and haven't played our regs. a heckuva lot...I'd say we still have a small advantage in that we can rest the preseason nics....I think if players were asked if they could have their bye weeks later than week one and spaced out more evenly they would agree...

Edited by Stickem

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

True....they get to see us in preseason but that won't tell them much...But they also get to iron out the wrinkles in real game conditions while we have played most of our players vying for positions and haven't played our regs. a heckuva lot...I'd say we still have a small advantage in that we can rest the preseason nics....I think if players were asked if they could have their bye week spaced out more evenly they would agree...

Thats true too, but given the state of our respective franchises i expect our coaches to out coach team jones. A superior coach will allways find an advantage to take, and a great one will know the pitfalls they face at the same time and prepare for both. All in all im pretty happy with our schedule. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Selfishly, I'm sad that our only 2 games in Alberta this year are late September and early November. Blah. I really just need to find a job back home so I can get my seasons again and not have this problem....... :)

Please take over the 6 to 9 am sports show on 1290.