CFL Combine

Mike

I don't think is much different than the NFL combine down south, where the elite prospects skip the entire event.

Why not make the teams come to you, on your turf, under your ideal conditions? You can design the whole thing to play to your strengths.

And, there are probably many who will have a shot at an NFL camp.

21 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

To be fair, there is a theory among some managers in the  CFL that it's better to trade draft picks for "proven veterans".  Of course, those who espouse that technique are unemployed, but it's still a theory.

This thread made me revisit the draft years between 2002 and 2007.  Doug Brown always gets thrown out as the reason to do something like this, but when you really go thru it it's one home run vs a million strikeouts.  So very terrible.  I don't know why I did that to myself.

24 minutes ago, mbrg said:

This thread made me revisit the draft years between 2002 and 2007.  Doug Brown always gets thrown out as the reason to do something like this, but when you really go thru it it's one home run vs a million strikeouts.  So very terrible.  I don't know why I did that to myself.

Kinda like a draft pick

23 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So it's a thin enough draft class, and many of the gooders are going to be looking south?  While I still think the Willy trade was dumb on Baker/Milanovich's part, maybe montreal and toronto had a better grasp of just what (or lack there of) this 2017 draft would produce at the time they were firing off draft picks for assets they wanted

Its not a thin draft, its top heavy. And the top tier is strong enough to get a bunch of them NFL interest. Its very high risk high reward even for the cfl draft. With our NI depth, having the chance to draft a star NI is better then for sure being able to bring in a guy who might become a starter at peak. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Its not a thin draft, its top heavy. And the top tier is strong enough to get a bunch of them NFL interest. Its very high risk high reward even for the cfl draft. With our NI depth, having the chance to draft a star NI is better then for sure being able to bring in a guy who might become a starter at peak. 

You're going to have to take a chance on who might stick around the NFL a while. That's not going to be fun for GMs.

On 11/02/2017 at 11:11 AM, Kluchk said:

Yes. A brand new facility I'm sure has everything to do with why they aren't coming. And I'm sure last year's combine was a turn off to. 

I'm sorry- but I don't think a brand new facility can offset the Clown Show in the front office. 

Regina not being a team of choice by players, this would be the reason:

Rider_newser_tnb_3.jpg?w=670&quality=70&

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I'm sorry- but I don't think a brand new facility can offset the Clown Show in the front office. 

Regina not being a team of choice by players, this would be the reason:

Rider_newser_tnb_3.jpg?w=670&quality=70&

Jones there has NOTHING TO do with the combine. So your point is completely invalid. 

18 hours ago, Atomic said:

Kinda like a draft pick

And still somehow there are a minimum of 63 starting Canadians in the CFL at any point in time.  Yet in those 6 draft classes that I referenced the only non-useless pick we made was Jon Ryan.

So sure, "kinda like a draft pick" if you are among the worst drafters in CFL history.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, mbrg said:

I made an obviously tounge-in-cheek joke about the people of Regina.  While the internet is now apparently a battle to the death, you could just shrug your shoulders and move on.

gotta have a neck to shrug the shoulders tho. 

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought I read somewhere that he has already gone through that, and didn't get any bites.

The Bengals signed him last year and then released him as one of their final cuts.  Apparently they told him to put on weight & they'd bring him back.

http://3downnation.com/2016/09/14/canadian-receiver-rashaun-simonise-signs-cjfls-okanagan-sun/

I shudder at spending the first overall pick on a receiver, especially one that seems to still be on the NFL's radar.  If he's still there at 6 take a flyer but the first overall has to go to our DL or OL where we need help now.

Edited by kelownabomberfan