CFL Combine

Mike

14 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Auclair intrigues me.  I wonder if BC would consider trading #3&#7 for #1

hes certainly an interesting prospect. Man that would be sick i cant see them giving that much though. if there was a guy like henoc at the top that was gonna be on the team this year maybe. 

Id actually rather trade down to say 3 for a depth pick this year 2-4th and a first next year. We are allready deep picking this year.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'm sure the draft talk will pickup once the final rankings are out & the combine has happened.  Who gets drafted, signed, invited to NFL camp will also affect where players land... lots of variables still in play.

Also, there were a couple of days of conversation lost.

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Pretty slack chit chat this year... is everyone afraid to post because they haven't seen Vandervoort and every other prospect play live? :D

the site crashes arent helping :P

9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I'm sure the draft talk will pickup once the final rankings are out & the combine has happened.  Who gets drafted, signed, invited to NFL camp will also affect where players land... lots of variables still in play.

yeah the combine is gonna earn and lose a lot of invites and that will change up the best available a ton. we could end up with one of a fist full of different guys with the no1 pick. If only we had a full combine roster. 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:44 PM, Jpan85 said:

What's the difference between auclair and Nik Lewis.

I feel like you may have got this answer in the lost posts... but that's a pretty good comp... except Auclair has about 6-7 inches on Lewis... and the right passport...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Didnt things get all blustery at one point when some one compared vandervoort to bauman?

Not a fan of comparisons, an interesting read all the same. 

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

I feel like you may have got this answer in the lost posts... but that's a pretty good comp... except Auclair has about 6-7 inches on Lewis... and the right passport...

There is a world of difference between coming up playing TE, and going from a stocky wr to nik lewis a good ways into a pro career. Size / weight distribution, TE skill set, NI etc. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Didnt things get all blustery at one point when some one compared vandervoort to bauman?

Not a fan of comparisons, an interesting read all the same. 

I think its fairly clear that Ferguson has never seen Vandervoort play in real life, then he would understand the excellence of execution.  Baumann was like the worst first overall pick ever...  now way he's comparable to Vandervoort.

bret-Hart-Champion-Wrestling-Examiner.jp

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

I find it odd that he compared all those players to generally underwhelming Canadian draft picks... You would think he would throw out an all-star comp just to give an idea of these players' potential...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I find it odd that he compared all those players to generally underwhelming Canadian draft picks... You would think he would throw out an all-star comp just to give an idea of these players' potential...

On one hand I can appreciate that he isn't just throwing out hype and creating unrealistic expectations, but on the other hand, I expected to recognize all of the names he was comparing players to.

So you're telling me Connor McGough could be the next Cameron Walker?

I don't know what to do with that information.

Had the same thoughts... who the f**k are most of these guys?  I had to look half of them up... might have been more if there weren't a couple ex-Bisons listed.

I now expect Connor McGough to rack up a whopping 8 tackles on teams over the next 2 years & Mason Woods should average 1 start a year for the next 4 seasons. 

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

On one hand I can appreciate that he isn't just throwing out hype and creating unrealistic expectations, but on the other hand, I expected to recognize all of the names he was comparing players to.

He's a Hamilton guy... so I would think he's comparing most of these guys to players that Toronto/Hamilton fans would know.

His mock draft is pretty good

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/08/mock-1-0-will-bombers-take-first/

And I'm actually not sure why you're blown away by the Cam Walker comparison...?

Edited by Floyd

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

exactly... also he compares Vandervoort to Bauman and Boateng to Mrabure... so he's predicting Vandervoort and Boateng will both be busts??

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If he compared Vandervoort to Fantuz everyone would be like, yeah, this guy makes so much sense... <_<

Pretty sure he's not predicting 'hits or misses' just body types and technique, etc...

Sure we get that... but usually when you compare future draft picks to current/past players it's generally done with all-stars or very good players... to give an idea of their potential... if you want to get fans psyched up about the draft you say Vandervoort is Fantuz, Mason Woods is Matt O'Donnell, Boateng is Brent Johnson, Eli Ankou is Doug Brown, etc...

PS - I'm not saying any of these comps are accurate... just making a point...

I think we are missing out on the real questions we should be asking on Vandervoort. 

1.  What is his hair like? 

2.  Is his mom hot?

3. If answer to #2 above is "yes", or even better "oooo baby" then the follow on question is - will she come to training camp in short shorts?