CFL Combine

Mike

As for which CFL team Behar grew up watching he admits, “the Riders, for some reason I always loved the colours of Saskatchewan when I was younger. I don’t even like green but when I was a kid and I saw them playing all I could think was man they look cool.”

Long after falling for the Rider ’S’, Behar has worked with the Ottawa REDBLACKS equipment staff for the last two summers. He knows the CFL, he’s been around the game and he’s ready to take the next step.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/20/carletons-behar-just-big-play/

Hmmm... sending signals to Ssk, so he can be picked #2 overall? ;) :lol:

Edited by M.O.A.B.

17 hours ago, bb1 said:

Well it's related to the draft and the difficulty teams are having tracking which top Cdn will even dress in the CFL....and the price they pay when they do...if you read Walter's article this is not going away.How you fix it without some type of  change in ratio flexibility is the question. Hopefully most posters are right and this isn't a big problem. 

I don't think the ratio is perfect.. and I've long maintained that IF the CFL can add a 10th team, then we may need to look at the ratio... but what I, and many others, are saying is a ratio change is not really on the table right now for the CFL's list of things to change... 

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Combine chat: hearing @MTLAlouettes trying to trade the rights to OL David Foucault @cfl #cfl he wants starter money and Als don't have room

Get 'er done Walters!!!  #6 for Foucault

@garylawless

Can tell you @MTLAlouettes and @BCLions are very far along in talks sending rights of OL David Foucault from MTL for OL Jovan Olafaye #cfl

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@garylawless

Can tell you @MTLAlouettes and @BCLions are very far along in talks sending rights of OL David Foucault from MTL for OL Jovan Olafaye #cfl

Don't really understand how they can afford Olafioye but not Foucault.  Olafioye isn't exactly on a cheap contract.  Foucault looking for 165k+ ????

35 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Don't really understand how they can afford Olafioye but not Foucault.  Olafioye isn't exactly on a cheap contract.  Foucault looking for 165k+ ????

Montreal is renegotiating his deal apparently...

Has to be something else heading to Montreal than just Olafioye...  this is classic Buono - dump a very good vet just before his performance tails off

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

@garylawless

i sure hope this isnt what bryant was tweeting about in terms of hearing his name alot. 

I like foucault a lot. Id do first + other picks from montreal  if hes ready to sign a multi year deal. I think if he was available in this draft he'd be the BPA.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

i sure hope this isnt what bryant was tweeting about in terms of hearing his name alot. 

I like foucault a lot. Id do first + other picks from montreal  if hes ready to sign a multi year deal. I think if he was available in this draft he'd be the BPA.

that was my thought today, too....but I'm kinda glad Walters didn't pull the trigger on that. Until I see Foucault actually play and play well, there's no sense in making a wholesale change...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that was my thought today, too....but I'm kinda glad Walters didn't pull the trigger on that. Until I see Foucault actually play and play well, there's no sense in making a wholesale change...

yeah i wouldnt trade away our starters for him.  MTL seems to be in a win now mode though. Im also high on couture, and like intzandt as a developmental guy. Plus i cant see any of the available OL sliding in to C to take goossens job. I dont think couture, any ol we'd grab at 1/6, or focault would last a hot minute on the PR either. So we face diminishing returns on going big in the draft with a OL.  Thats really true of both sides of the line. Not a lot for Dbs in this draft class, so a LBer/wr that will be here in camp this year and a futures pick / trade down is probably the best use of assets. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

So we face diminishing returns on going big in the draft with a OL.  Thats really true of both sides of the line. Not a lot for Dbs in this draft class, so a LBer/wr that will be here in camp this year and a futures pick / trade down is probably the best use of assets. 

Not sure I agree... Thomas is not an every down player and Tennant/Butcher/Corney are all still unknowns...  I think Ankou's huge pro day really threw a wrench into the bombers first overall plans...

Could see the Bombers reaching for Behar at #6

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure I agree... Thomas is not an every down player and Tennant/Butcher/Corney are all still unknowns...  I think Ankou's huge pro day really threw a wrench into the bombers first overall plans...

Could see the Bombers reaching for Behar at #6

The top end isnt as strong as the OL but its deeper.

DE Westerman - corney

DT Thomas-butcher

DT Nevis-irvin

DE Okpaluaugo-cole

PLus guys like tennant, green and the rookies coming in. Thats two all star level DEs, and an allstar level tackle in nevis. Thomas people are split on. Certainly the low man on the pole, but I think hes exactly the type of guy to fit in and do the gritty work to allow the rest to be crashed on less. A poor mans doug brown if you will. Butcher and corney are freaks with huge up side. Cole had some really nice flashes last year. The whole line struggled, despite talent level. A better performance from the group is a tide that raises all boats. Especailly some one like cole. Irvin is a similar situation. At worst hes a vet who can come in and push other guys. Imop its a good idea to bring in new NIs at each position group every year. Thats how you find diamonds in the rough, and how you keep from stagnating at a position like we have at NI wr. Id look for more butcher/corney esq DL, or a role guy who could come in and push to do more earlier like thomas. But in the mid to late rounds. Unless some one is taking thomas spot this year or next I wouldnt spend a first on a DL. (or if our scouts feel the dl available is in another tier above the rest of the available players)

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The top end isnt as strong as the OL but its deeper.

Doesn't look much different from our OL - 2 solid starters and a bunch of unknowns with serious potential...

Really think Herdman ends up as one of the bombers two first round picks - they'll never stop looking for another OShea... 

Still not sold on a WR in the first round - pick up a good DB or WR in the 2nd...

Right now, my top six would be Herdman, Woods, Gray, Bladek, Mulumba, Ekakitie

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Doesn't look much different from our OL - 2 solid starters and a bunch of unknowns with serious potential...

Really think Herdman ends up as one of the bombers two first round picks - they'll never stop looking for another OShea... 

Still not sold on a WR in the first round - pick up a good DB or WR in the 2nd...

Right now, my top six would be Herdman, Woods, Gray, Bladek, Mulumba, Ekakitie

Our ol was one of the best last year with the starters in place. Its far from 2 solid and a bunch of unknowns. As well the 3 DL are far from unknowns. Even thomas at the low end we would get what we have previously or some thing similar. Allstar level performer, = known commodity. 

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Our ol was one of the best last year with the starters in place. Its far from 2 solid and a bunch of unknowns. As well the 3 DL are far from unknowns. Even thomas at the low end we would get what we have previously or some thing similar. Allstar level performer, = known commodity. 

Just talking about Nationals...

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Just talking about Nationals...

we arent going to go just nationals any time soon on either side... And again, the two des and chung alone are well beyond solid. couture started, that isnt unknown. Corney as well. hes an athletic freak who has needed to sharpen his technical play. Thats not unknown. 

Denzel radford had him self a nice combine at the western regional. (6'2 200) 37.5 vert (tied for first) 10'6 broadjump (first) 4.65 40 (5th) and 16 reps in the bench press. Hes a multi sport athlete (track, soccer. and basketball) Both his brother and father ran track at indiana.

2015 8 games, 18 catches 329 yards 1td. 3 st tackles.

2016 10 games 14 returns for 446 yards and a td. 11 tackles. Only see 3-25 catching last year. But they have a deep wr core.

Big strong run jump athlete who can play teams? yes please. 

Litre put up 4.76, 22 reps, 33" vert, 9'1 1/4 broad jump, 7,54 shuttle, and a 4.38 3 cone. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

we arent going to go just nationals any time soon on either side... And again, the two des and chung alone are well beyond solid. couture started, that isnt unknown. Corney as well. hes an athletic freak who has needed to sharpen his technical play. Thats not unknown. 

No one said we were going all national...  I said we have two starting nationals on the lines and a bunch of backups that are unknown commodities - while I think Couture, Corney and Butcher will all make the team and become starters - that's just my opinion...

Walters is in a position to draft BPA in the first round - maybe gamble on a player with NFL interest...

If Radford's there in the 6th I'd love to see a WR/ST guy...  but with four picks in the first 3 rounds, the bombers likely already end up with 3 roster-ready players and a 'homerun' prospect, like Ankou or Auclair...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No one said we were going all national...  I said we have two starting nationals on the lines and a bunch of backups that are unknown commodities - while I think Couture, Corney and Butcher will all make the team and become starters - that's just my opinion...

Walters is in a position to draft BPA in the first round - maybe gamble on a player with NFL interest...

If Radford's there in the 6th I'd love to see a WR/ST guy...  but with four picks in the first 3 rounds, the bombers likely already end up with 3 roster-ready players and a 'homerun' prospect, like Ankou or Auclair...

2 on the ol and 2 on the dl is a great position to be in. For ol neufie and keeping i believe are still both under contract as well. 

No question we can take the bpa. Some people think you are allways in that position unless  you are say a play off team with 1 hole to fill etc etc. but that a side we are among the better off teams as far as ni starters / depth goes imop. An nfl gamble wouldnt be bad with the 6th for sure. Id love to see that or a trade down for more pics next year. 

No idea where radford would go. Or if he has eligibility left? But seems like a depth pick guy to me too. 

I dont think we get that much in the first 3 rounds. I think pretty much the whole top tier of this draft will be getting looks from the nfl of one level or another. I see a lot of homer swing type guys but im not sure the rest is automatically roster material. This draft isnt the strongest. We certainly have a chance for any guy in that top 3 round range to make the roster, but i wouldnt go in expecting it.  Tempering expectations. Just hoping for some one who contribute at some level or another next year. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think we get that much in the first 3 rounds. I think pretty much the whole top tier of this draft will be getting looks from the nfl of one level or another. I see a lot of homer swing type guys but im not sure the rest is automatically roster material. This draft isnt the strongest. We certainly have a chance for any guy in that top 3 round range to make the roster, but i wouldnt go in expecting it.  Tempering expectations. Just hoping for some one who contribute at some level or another next year. 

Dunk's article about prospects... http://3downnation.com/2017/03/20/2017-cfl-draft-prospect-rankings/

If you exclude Senior, Auclair and Ankou who are likely NFL bound, you still have...

4-6 OL, 2-3 LBs, 3 REC, 4-5 DL, 2-3 DB...  

that's a decent number of prospects even if you don't include off the board pick

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I didn't see Bryant's tweet, but his name, along with Olafioye came up with regards to Dennis prior to the riders signing him,  as he was looking for a similar pay day to what the two of them were getting. From what I understand though, Olafioye gets the higher end of the 2, and I believe Dennis signed for more than Bryant did

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Now I'm not saying this is a good idea... but I guess this would be the theory behind it... We trade Bryant to Montreal for Foucault... Foketi slides into his natural LT spot, Foucault starts at RT and Hardrick is the odd man out (PR if he accepts)... that would likely leave Couture as the 6th man...

Again, I'm not saying this is a good idea, or we should make this trade... but if there were rumblings, this is how I think it would go down... of course, the biggest problem with all this is we have no idea if Foucault is a CFL caliber starting tackle...