CFL Combine

Mike

Not that it means anything per se, but fwiw, Bauming says the Bombers had a very large contingent on hand today. Not really surprising, I suppose, since it's right here in our back yard, so they may as well be there........but still.....if they figure the kid is CFL bound, I'd be okay with him at #1...

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Geoff Gray is having his pro day today with 8 NFL teams in attendance (along with the Bombers & Riders).   Here's what he's done so far & how his numbers compare to other OL at the combines:

those are some impressive numbers. Hes a monster at OL. I love new generation OL like that. Even better is the fact that most of the time who ever he is lined up against ends the play looking up at him form their butt. 

1a hope for him is a great pro bowl career in the nfl. 1b is a great allstar top NI career with the bombers. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

those are some impressive numbers. Hes a monster at OL. I love new generation OL like that. Even better is the fact that most of the time who ever he is lined up against ends the play looking up at him form their butt. 

1a hope for him is a great pro bowl career in the nfl. 1b is a great allstar top NI career with the bombers. 

I'm selfish. (1) I'd like him as a Bomber first. Two, then the NFL if he's drafted by someone else.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Gray's numbers are comparable to the top CFL DT prospects...  

More 'raw' than Senior, maybe he does slip through the NFL cracks

If he's there at 6, I think you have to take him - maybe he's next Tyler Holmes

At 6 for sure. Just not sure at #1. Two first round picks, at least one has to come to camp competing for a spot.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

At 6 for sure. Just not sure at #1. Two first round picks, at least one has to come to camp competing for a spot.

Well, I'm definitely not taking a 500-600 yard per year receiver at #1...

Mulumba, Ekakitie, Woods, Bladek are my first overall list...  don't let the combine brainwash things too much.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well, I'm definitely not taking a 500-600 yard per year receiver at #1...

Mulumba, Ekakitie, Woods, Bladek are my first overall list...  don't let the combine brainwash things too much.

He could ultimately be a thousand yard receiver. How can you just blanket bracket him like that? I'm going by need & our need at Canadian receiver is glaring.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's a St. Vital kid, or so I read.

I have hereby decided that this kid is *OUR* Brendon Labatte, only more talented......I'm not ready to call him New Walby yet, but, if they're SURE he's not NFL-Bound, take him....done and done.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He could ultimately be a thousand yard receiver. How can you just blanket bracket him like that? I'm going by need & our need at Canadian receiver is glaring.

Yes, ultimately he could be... and Mulumba could be a starting MLB, Ekakitie could replace Thomas, Bladek/Woods could replace Bond or Hardrick

I just think the benefit of those positions has a much higher ceiling than trying to find a fifth receiver when we already have three potential 1000 yard guys on the roster (Adams, Dressler, Smith) 

Just now, Floyd said:

Yes, ultimately he could be... and Mulumba could be a starting MLB, Ekakitie could replace Thomas, Bladek/Woods could replace Bond or Hardrick

I just think the benefit of those positions has a much higher ceiling than trying to find a fifth receiver when we already have three potential 1000 yard guys on the roster (Adams, Dressler, Smith) 

Dressler is on the other side of 30. Adams & Smith had injury issues last year. We had Rory Kohlert playing boundary receiver & to be blunt if he wasn't awful then he was useless. We need to start a Canadian at receiver & our choices are fairly limited. To me, this is the most important position to shore up. More than any other.

18 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Tradition.  Floyd will also soon announce which french linebacker the Bombers should take in the second round.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU, PLESIUS!!!

Trading 8th and 13th and ending up with Pencer is unforgivable.  I'm not apologizing for losing my mind about that one.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Trading 8th and 13th and ending up with Pencer is unforgivable.  I'm not apologizing for losing my mind about that one.

There was a guy with a big head when he was drafted. Played games with Hamilton for nearly 2 seasons. Is Plesius even starting for the Ti Cats?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dressler is on the other side of 30. Adams & Smith had injury issues last year. We had Rory Kohlert playing boundary receiver & to be blunt if he wasn't awful then he was useless. We need to start a Canadian at receiver & our choices are fairly limited. To me, this is the most important position to shore up. More than any other.

I agree to an extent... but I would fill that with one of Augustine, Carter, Picton, Gosselin with our 2nd or 3rd round pick