Game 59 : Stars @ 24 Games Left

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Svatos???

Injuries ruined him but he was good  

Had 31 goals in 61 games. Led rookies for game winning goals. Was very good. 

He suffered a shoulder injury then a groin injury. Then a torn ACL. The chest and groin again.  He had been Avs leading goal scorer 

he was the one that went to the KhL for one year and then signed with St Louis but was claimed on re-entry waivers by Nashville 

he was waived and claimed by Ottawa. Suffered concussion and could never make it back. Died  young from drug intoxication. 

18 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I was at the game and haven't seen any replays yet. Was the first goal on Helle pretty soft? It looked bad live.

I thought Buff looked bad last night. He got beat wide a lot. Morrissey & Trouba are clearly our top pairing now. I thought Trouba had a very good game.

I thought the second one was one he might want back but there was a screen.  He seemed to know where it was but it just went by him.

Jets also dominated stretches.  Again, it was a performance where, if they played that way all the time, they'd probably win more than they lose.  Stars' goalie made some big saves at times.  Helle was generally solid, definitely far better than what Pavs was providing.

Other then the two pulls, Helle has been the best goalie all season actually.

Agreed about TroubaMorr.  Lock up Trouba for 8 years.  That's our top pairing for about the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Apparently, as evidenced on TSN coverage of Gretzky I mean Matthews every fricking day, the Calder trophy is at his house already. Sorry Patrick.

If Laine wants to win the Calder he's going to have to win the Rocket Richard or finish 10+ points ahead of Matthews.  Not fair but that's the reality.  10 points might not even do it, might have to be 15-20.

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If Laine wants to win the Calder he's going to have to win the Rocket Richard or finish 10+ points ahead of Matthews.  Not fair but that's the reality.  10 points might not even do it, might have to be 15-20.

I'll be shocked if Laine wins it...

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

there's another rookie in the NHL other than Auston Matthews this year?  What???