Game 59 : Stars @ 24 Games Left

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I'm going to predict that Hutch ends up having a good NHL career. he had some outstanding games for the Jets, I seem to remember he stoned the Blackhawks a few years ago, with a bunch of great saves. Something's gone wrong, but maybe some other team can help him get a second chance.

save percentage .....943

Thought he was younger but he's gonna be 27 in a couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We are the only team in the league who plays the archaic man to man D in our zone. It's killing us and this is why you are guys chasing 1 player around the entire D zone. 

Do you have proof of this?

That seems crazy if we are the only team doing it...

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pretty much. They both suck. Only difference there is a minor possibility of hutch finding his game again in the A. Pavs is a lost cause 

Yes. Hutch still hAs upside. He rose to prominence very quickly from the ECHL to the NHL in one season. Then he ran into the brick wall called Flaherty. It's possible he returns to form but that would be easier if wade was fired 

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I'm going to predict that Hutch ends up having a good NHL career. he had some outstanding games for the Jets, I seem to remember he stoned the Blackhawks a few years ago, with a bunch of great saves. Something's gone wrong, but maybe some other team can help him get a second chance.

save percentage .....943..... smiling fans, teammates congratulating him... guy needs a break of some sort

Same thing happened to Hutch as happened to Helle as happened to Pavs as will happen to Comrie. The worst goalie coach in the league but he's pals with Chipman. 

Darling isn't worth more than Greiss. 3 years 9 million max. Helle the last 2 games looks more like Helle of last year and less like the flopping fish pav and hutch. At this point I'm not sure it matters who Is in net.. our system in the d zone is archaic. 

Pittsburgh played it last year.... fired the coach. .. stopped playing it and won the cup 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Darling isn't worth more than Greiss. 3 years 9 million max. Helle the last 2 games looks more like Helle of last year and less like the flopping fish pav and hutch. At this point I'm not sure it matters who Is in net.. our system in the d zone is archaic. 

Pittsburgh played it last year.... fired the coach. .. stopped playing it and won the cup 

I've said a couple times we should be modelling our "system" on Pittsburgh. Speed and skill. Not the best D. Sounds familiar. Works for the Pens. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Do you have proof of this?

That seems crazy if we are the only team doing it...

I googled wpg jets defensive system, and found only one article, which had only one paragraph on the subject. I'm thinking nobobdy actually knows what system they use. one article said man to man. beats me.

Edited by Mark F

I'll be watching to see how high the GAD factor is. That'd probably one of the most important "stats" in every sport. Last couple games it's been non existent so we will see. 

GAD = Give A Damn 

Bottom line... we can sit here talking about goalies or coaches or whatever but if the veteran leaders don't give a crap then... it's irrelevant who starts or who coaches. Players play... coaches coach. 

I just don't think our veteran players should be given any more free passes. 1 coach down..

How many have to come and go until you start moving some of those veteran guys who just don't seem to really GAD 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'll be watching to see how high the GAD factor is. That'd probably one of the most important "stats" in every sport. Last couple games it's been non existent so we will see. 

GAD = Give A Damn 

Bottom line... we can sit here talking about goalies or coaches or whatever but if the veteran leaders don't give a crap then... it's irrelevant who starts or who coaches. Players play... coaches coach. 

I just don't think our veteran players should be given any more free passes. 1 coach down..

How many have to come and go until you start moving some of those veteran guys who just don't seem to really GAD 

Bogo, Kane, Ladd, Antropov, Hainsey, Oduya, Slater ...?

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bogo was young. Kane definitely GAD. Ladd?  He was part of the veteran core who got Noel fired. Antropov? And the others? Seriously? ?? 

These are all 'vets' or Atlanta core that have been turfed as part of the rebuild... you can even include Burmi and Pavs in that now

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

These are all 'vets' or Atlanta core that have been turfed as part of the rebuild... you can even include Burmi and Pavs in that now

They were never core pieces. At 1 point bogo and Kane were but they certainly weren't the veteran leaders. It's Ladd wheeler buff maybe enstrom and stu and Thorburn