Game 59 : Stars @ 24 Games Left

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

#NHLJets line combos: Ehlers-Little-Wheeler, Copp-Scheifele-Laine, Matthias-Lowry-Armia, Perreault-Petan-Stafford. Thorburn the extra F

All we had to do was juggle the top six yet again... who knew  #brilliant

I bet Maurice provides a 40 minutes scientific lecture on why this is needed and all the benefits therein.  And the local media will be so enamored with the amount of words he speaks that no one bothers to call bullshit on it.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah whats the facination with Ehlers & laine playing their off-wings.  I know thats their "correct" side but its not the side they prefer...

How do you know what side they prefer?  Can't recall either one ever saying either way.

And good god please no Armia in the top six.  Might as well just re-sign James Wright for all the offence he provides.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

How do you know what side they prefer?  Can't recall either one ever saying either way.

And good god please no Armia in the top six.  Might as well just re-sign James Wright for all the offence he provides.

Yes, its true I've never asked them but I believe they played much of their careers on their opposite side wings, including in Winnipeg up until recently.  Perhaps Maurice just noticed they were off-winged and figured out that was the issue with the Jets.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

His offence is worse than Copp or Perrault...?

Let the guy play with Little and Laine... maybe it clicks.

Laine Scheif Ehlers dominated when they were played together. 2 bad periods and they were split up and haven't been reunited. Laine does prefer the LW. Ehlers does prefer the right side.  

It's Maurice being stupid. 

I'd probably go 

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Petan Little Wheeler 

Cuz why not. Copp is OK but playing him in the top 6 is stupid. 

Armia Should probably stay in the bottom 6. Good defensively but.. not much else there YET... potential but not yet

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Laine Scheif Ehlers dominated when they were played together. 2 bad periods and they were split up and haven't been reunited. Laine does prefer the LW. Ehlers does prefer the right side.  

It's Maurice being stupid. 

I'd probably go 

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Petan Little Wheeler 

Cuz why not. Copp is OK but playing him in the top 6 is stupid. 

Armia Should probably stay in the bottom 6. Good defensively but.. not much else there YET... potential but not yet

I'm all for giving Petan top six minutes.... but pretty much gave up on that idea a while back

Petan gets dominated in our own zone, worse than likely anyone else on the team.  That's what's keeping him out of the top 6.  He's a PP guy right now.  Let him grow on the PP and play very sheltered minutes 5v5... I think they're getting it (mostly) right with him so far.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

#NHLJets line combos: Ehlers-Little-Wheeler, Copp-Scheifele-Laine, Matthias-Lowry-Armia, Perreault-Petan-Stafford. Thorburn the extra F

All we had to do was juggle the top six yet again... who knew  #brilliant

I'd flip Copp/Matthias.

52 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Laine has said he prefers LW.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

No he hasn't, you just made that up.  He played both sides in Finland and mostly RW in his last season.

Last season Laine played mostly RW?  Do you have stats to back that up?  I found one quote indicating he played right ring but it didnt specify if that was on-going.  His Hockey Futures analysis indicates he's a right shot that plays left wing.

One can make the assumption that the feeling was Laine on the LW was the right choice or he wouldnt have played there most of his NHL career.  It probably doesnt make a huge difference but if he's more comfortable LW, then he should play there.  Especially since Ehlers is the opposite.  Its not like Laine is on a tear since being moved to the RW...

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'll be watching to see how high the GAD factor is. That'd probably one of the most important "stats" in every sport. Last couple games it's been non existent so we will see. 

GAD = Give A Damn 

Bottom line... we can sit here talking about goalies or coaches or whatever but if the veteran leaders don't give a crap then... it's irrelevant who starts or who coaches. Players play... coaches coach. 

I just don't think our veteran players should be given any more free passes. 1 coach down..

How many have to come and go until you start moving some of those veteran guys who just don't seem to really GAD 

Are you seriously making an argument that Wheeler plays like he doesn't care?

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Wheeler sometimes looks like he is tired...or tries to do to much.  I think there is something rotten with the team and its impacting the players.

I can buy that he tries to do too much, which is the opposite of not caring. That's crazy talk to drag Wheeler into that conversation.

15 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I can buy that he tries to do too much, which is the opposite of not caring. That's crazy talk to drag Wheeler into that conversation.

It's devolved into total hysteria around here.  It goes through a cycle - "It's the goalie!  It's the coach!  It's the veterans!".  Over and over again.  And then everyone shakes hands and agrees that they've figured out the problem, then the Jets lose again, and the cycle begins once more.

Just now, Atomic said:

It's devolved into total hysteria around here.  It goes through a cycle - "It's the goalie!  It's the coach!  It's the veterans!".  Over and over again.  And then everyone shakes hands and agrees that they've figured out the problem, then the Jets lose again, and the cycle begins once more.

Maybe, we're the problem? Have we considered making changes to the fans?