Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Westerman close to signing with Alouettes

Hurl close to signing with the WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS!

lol fan base gonna lose it.

way to put a pin in the hope balloon.  damn it jamal,  call up your bro and talk some sense into him! 

Does hurl even play ST? if I was required to see so little action, I'd play for the bombers for $12.50 a season

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Not sure why there's so much hype around Jabar Westerman, other than he's Jamal's brother....unless the guy was coming in at exactly the price point we had in mind, I have no problem taking a pass there.

I look at it as locking down the ratio for the year.  Otherwise it's Thomas and Tennant rotating in that spot, possibly Butcher if he makes the team.

It's just getting rid of a question mark rather than wondering if that trio can do the job or are we finding a NI Olineman, and if so, is Bond out, cause I would hate to not see Bond destroy people this season.  That kinda thing.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd still like to kick some tires on Venable. Can't really say I have much of an opinion on Kyle Knox,  I'd like to see Wild/Venable/Leggett behind whats shaping up to be a slick looking Dline

I don't think Venable would be any better at MLB than Bass was.  Both great WIL's.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure why there's so much hype around Jabar Westerman, other than he's Jamal's brother....unless the guy was coming in at exactly the price point we had in mind, I have no problem taking a pass there.

He's a solid DT and he has the right passport.  That works for a lot of teams.

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's a solid DT and he has the right passport.  That works for a lot of teams.

There's an assumption that he's better than Jake Thomas, and I don't know that's 100% accurate. The key will be finding an Import to play beside him. I guess you could find a NI to rotate with JT, but it has to be cost-effective...it's really not worth spending big bucks on...